An air of inevitability

REDCAR

Can someone please give me reasons to be optimistic about today’s game... I’ve not spoken to a single Derby supporter this week who thinks we will win.... on the flip side every red dog I’ve spoken to are supremely confident they will win.

For sure one local derby we NEED form to go out the window. So, please help me out and oh also, remind me what’s the wins to loss ratio of how many times the BC trophy has exchanged hands.

Thanks RC

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Can someone please give me reasons to be optimistic about today’s game... I’ve not spoken to a single Derby supporter this week who thinks we will win.... on the flip side every red dog I’ve spoken to are supremely confident they will win.

For sure one local derby we NEED form to go out the window. So, please help me out and oh also, remind me what’s the wins to loss ratio of how many times the BC trophy has exchanged hands.

Thanks RC

The stats you have requested are irrelevant and shouldn't give you any cause for confidence.

The best things to cling to are, this is football, it's a local derby and, whilst the game is at their place and their current form is better than ours, we're not playing Man City, Bayern Munich or Barcelona so, anything could happen.

Having said that, I've predicted a defeat. 

Keep the faith @Redcar. It may be blind faith as our backs are definitely against the walls for this one but you've gotta believe or what's the point. I ask all those predicting defeat, are you not gonna watch/ go to the game? Of course you are because deep down that believe/hope is in there that we can pull this off. Drag it out of yourself and roar the lads on. Come what may our season is still very much alive. For that shower down the road, they have 90mins of their season left. I'd much rather be our shoes than theirs. COYR WE CAN DO THIS.???

Any air of inevitability is down to pessimistic fans preparing themselves for the “I told you so” if we was to lose, which is a possibility as is a win or draw. If we win, who cares what you said prior to kick off, we won!!!

We have been in the Championship long enough to know that no game is as straight forward as it may seem, Wolves went to Loftus Road and lost, they also got beat by Forest, where are they? Top of the league.

Anything can happen.

Throw the rivalry into the mix and you have an even more unpredictable game, form goes out the window.

Injuries.....we went and beat them on their patch with 10 men. You find a way.

It took Vydra just over 20 seconds to silence the pessimism back in October, repeat of that would be lovely jubbly.

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

Thanks RC

I’ve got lucky Angry with me, we’ve been on the beer since 07:00. 

I’m in Notts county and people are smiling.  The reds on the train from London are poooing themselves. All’s good atm 

All I ask is we make them earn anything they may get out of today’s game, no sluggish, not sure what the plan is start from the lads today, wishing Rowett and the lads the very best today.

We’re the better club, go out and show them that would be my message before I sent them out. ? 

Can't believe I'm at work for this one....oh well,dab radio on in the car,hopefully a quiet shift and the lads and rowett go out and out for an attacking mindset.

Id rather we finished four all and it's a good back and forth game than a turgid nil nil or depressing loss.

Really not sure how this will go though...I thought forest under warburton were a tidy side and had potential for development with all of their young players (probably more in line with what I expected we might be fashioned into this year) but I haven't taken any notice of them under the new management.

We have gone significantly backwards too with a loss of confidence so it's all up in the air today in my opinion...even more than usual.

Their deluded lot always think that they're going to win these games irrespective of their or our current form. You have to remember that in their minds they are only 3'consecutive wins away from embroidering a third star on their shirts.

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Kasey Palmer and Matej Vydra are going to start together and they're going to be a revelation. Forest wont have a clue what to do with these two. It'll be an absolute masterclass in tika taka fussball.

Or not...

The way I see it: you have two choices when you’re feeling this way.

Either you allow your fear of losing, and the consequences of losing, to overwhelm you or you act like the beaten wrestler being dragged out of the ring swearing revenge.

If you go with the former, pull the doona over your head and we’ll see you again when you’ve worked out that’s a recipe for bed sores and little else (or when you’re hungry, whichever comes first).

Or, with each knockdown, you suck it up and use each disappointment as yet more fuel to turn things around.

You might end up looking like the Black Knight sometimes....but, at least you’re never beaten.....

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Really not sure how this will go though...I thought forest under warburton were a tidy side and had potential for development with all of their young players (probably more in line with what I expected we might be fashioned into this year) ...

They look nice and tidy but with very little fire power up front.

Archived