Mitrovic and Grabbon

irobinson

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, irobinson said:

You have to say - what a great impact they have had as loanees . Our window was not planned very well at all - we were lucky we got Kasey at the last minute 

Targett for Fulham, Besic for Boro and Grujic for Cardiff have all been excellent loan signings too.

When you look at a list of the transfer dealings in January and compare other clubs activity to ours, it's pretty frightening to see how bad the window actually went for us.

34 minutes ago, wingfieldram said:

Those signings demonstrated ambition. Mitrovic has probably sealed the deal for Fulham.

The signing of Jerome just felt flat and completely unambitious.

Quite simply, we failed to capitalise on the position we were in.

High hopes for Palmer though.

Palmer looked good last season in the Huddersfield promoted team. Worth trying to sign him on a permanent deal

2 hours ago, irobinson said:

You have to say - what a great impact they have had as loanees . Our window was not planned very well at all - we were lucky we got Kasey at the last minute 

Mitrovic is a Premier League striker.  Fulham look well equipped for the Premier League and remind me a bit of Watford the season they went up, snaking in to a top 2 spot.

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We didn't need anybody, we were 2nd.

Idiots.

Yes we did. Football clubs, like any other business as to constantly strive to improve itself. If it stands still the clubs, businesses behind it will take advantage and roll over the top of them.

Due to ffp, we had NO chance of signing these players at this time, when we get a few out over the summer, it will make Gary's job a  little bit ease, in the circumstances Gary is doing a great job in the transfer market, believe me since he came in, he has had to balance all transfer dealings. So let's ALL get behind him, and give him the support he deserves.

On 09/03/2018 at 14:06, JoeDerby said:

Just don't lose. As long as we don't lose and give it a good go, I'm happy!

The last thing we need is a gutless performance.

it's gonna be a battle, big games need big players.

Who's gonna hide? who's gonna grab the game by the scruff of the neck?

I'll say it again, big games need big players. 

5 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Yes we did. Football clubs, like any other business as to constantly strive to improve itself. If it stands still the clubs, businesses behind it will take advantage and roll over the top of them.

Yes your right but with Martin Shackel and Russell deliberately leaving it as late as they possibly could certainly never helped We were in a position were we couldn't spend till we got them out the door plus Winnalls injury hasn't helped 

4 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Due to ffp, we had NO chance of signing these players at this time, when we get a few out over the summer, it will make Gary's job a  little bit ease, in the circumstances Gary is doing a great job in the transfer market, believe me since he came in, he has had to balance all transfer dealings.

This is based on what?

How cheap do you think ex-Prem Jerome costs in wages?!

28 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Sarcasm? Hope so.

It was sarcasm, I do use sarcasm a lot and I know it's wrong.

We did totally need more players, the word idiots was aimed at those who thought we were good to go with what we had and that Cameron bloody Jerome was a decent option instead of Martin.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is based on what?

How cheap do you think ex-Prem Jerome costs in wages?!

Well let's look at facts here RoyMac5, we sold Ince and Hughes for a combined 16 million, before we brought in Davis 500 thousand, Wisdom 4 million, Lawrence 5 million,Huddlestone 2 million  Jerome 1.5 million, then loaned out Bryson and Martin, and loaned in Winnell for Butterfield, so you can see the pattern we have to get players out before we can sign, I know your Anti Gary, but for me he is doing a good job in difficult circumstances, I am sure you could do much better though LOL.

Archived