Mitrovic and Grabbon

irobinson

27 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It was sarcasm, I do use sarcasm a lot and I know it's wrong.

We did totally need more players, the word idiots was aimed at those who thought we were good to go with what we had and that Cameron bloody Jerome was a decent option instead of Martin.

Hey nothing wrong with sarcasm it's just sometimes difficult to tell.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Well let's look at facts here RoyMac5, we sold Ince and Hughes for a combined 16 million, before we brought in Davis 500 thousand, Wisdom 4 million, Lawrence 5 million,Huddlestone 2 million  Jerome 1.5 million...so you can see the pattern we have to get players out before we can sign...I am sure you could do much better though LOL.

You're saying we had to sell Hughes and Ince then, not that they wanted to go?

I'm sure I could sign better than Jerome, thanks.

2 hours ago, wingfieldram said:

Those signings demonstrated ambition. Mitrovic has probably sealed the deal for Fulham.

The signing of Jerome just felt flat and completely unambitious.

Quite simply, we failed to capitalise on the position we were in.

High hopes for Palmer though.

Fair points. For me Jerome was at best a squad player to be brought on late in games to offer something different. Not a player to make the difference the way Mitrovic is doing at Fulham.

Due to our very very average activities in the January window,  I wouldn't fancy our chances in the play offs against Villa, Fulham or a resurgent Boro. Still, we can still hope for a strong finish ...... a bit of luck.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Snodgrass as well, all that said I don’t think we could afford any of them anyway

If we didn’t spend 1.5 mil on Jerome plus wages, we could have afforded one of them. We pinned our hopes on the Everton lad and from Alerdyce’s reaction, were probably led to believe it was a done deal. Then the Winnall injury  made it a double whammy. 

9 hours ago, Doodle said:

If we didn’t spend 1.5 mil on Jerome plus wages, we could have afforded one of them. We pinned our hopes on the Everton lad and from Alerdyce’s reaction, were probably led to believe it was a done deal. Then the Winnall injury  made it a double whammy. 

Yep our last day of both transfer windows was very poor

Grabban has done well and someone we realistically could’ve gone for. Have been doubts about his character though, has been a bad egg at previous clubs which means he’s a good fit for Villa!!

Mitrovic was going nowhere other than Fulham. Big Serbian connection with Jokanovic. A guy who works for me is a big Geordie fan, word on the street up there is Mitrovic was going back to Anderlecht but fell through, mitrovic and jokanovic messaged each other on snap chat, deal was done!

11 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Hey nothing wrong with sarcasm it's just sometimes difficult to tell.

It is somewhat difficult to reproduce tonal inflection on the written page.

Emoticons help occasionally eg.....

Brilliant!?

Really interesting!?

How tragic, how tragic, how tragic!?

Forget the FFP you get fined a couple of million at best which is peanuts if you reach the promised land

I posted before Fulham got Mitrovic we got Jerome nuff said and its proved correct

We did not look like we needed any spare midfielders look at us know,both Ledly and Thorne out for quite a while and Huddlestone 50/50 for today,i fear the worse

They have experienced midfielders in Watson and Tomlin and in midfield in particular we look lightweight if no Ledley and Thorne ...I think it's too much to ask Hanson to come in there today in a big big game for us ... he hasn't been deemed good enough to even make the bench most of the season now we are maybe asking him to be a massive player for us today....not his fault I'm afraid ...bad planning !!!  We've been short in midfield all season...really really hope we put a performance in today COYR

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're saying we had to sell Hughes and Ince then, not that they wanted to go?

I'm sure I could sign better than Jerome, thanks.

Haha, some of your posts are laughable, you now think you no more than Gary Rowett, hope Jerome scores the winner against the dogs today.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Afobe is someone we shouldve gone for. Perfect age, strong, proven champ goal scorer

He was always going to go back to Wolves. Great player but that was not going to happen. 

Same as other poster alluded to in the case of Mitrovic. The Serbian connection. 

I would have loved either player. 

Its bizarre that a club hoping to make it to the Premiership has such weak scouting season after season. What about all those analytics people that were brought in pre-Rowett days? Are they still around?

Archived