We are a joke

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"But still we have a good squad and a good financial situation. Rowett has had lots of positives going for him, no reason for any excuses and it all comes down to what goes on on the pitch with his team."

Which of the above isn't true then?

He took over a squad with no confidence and has worked well with them. 

He has had to drive the costs down which he has and so I will throw it back in your court and ask what is untrue about those statements 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

He has had to drive the costs down which he has and so I will throw it back in your court and ask what is untrue about those statements 

Who says the squad had no confidence? Why spend money on Jerome?

32 minutes ago, curtains said:

He's certainly managed to return the squad to having no confidence... I'm not sure that was the idea tho,Gary.

33 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He's certainly managed to return the squad to having no confidence... I'm not sure that was the idea tho,Gary.

Seems to be a cycle at derby...

New manager comes in and restores the team to form. After some inconsistency we then establish a long run and get right into the mix before a complete collapse in confidence. Said manager is then sacked and we carry on again. 

Maybe the solution is to sack the manager when we get there and just ride the new manager bounce through?:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Seems to be a cycle at derby...

New manager comes in and restores the team to form. After some inconsistency we then establish a long run and get right into the mix before a complete collapse in confidence. Said manager is then sacked and we carry on again. 

Maybe the solution is to sack the manager when we get there and just ride the new manager bounce through?:ph34r:

Probably some sort of ongoing rota system might be in order?.....?

(Which we seem to partly have in place with Steve McLaren!)

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Steve McClaren and Mark Warburton set to be Sky pundits on Sunday. 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-sky-sports-pundit-forest-1314509

I suspect won't be impressed by our play unless it's completely different to normal..

Both seem to favour the Dutch style of total football or as near as they can get in contrast to rowetts counter attacking model.

I was a strong advocate of Warburton taking  over after Mac,it would have offered the golden chalice of continuity...can you imagine that?

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Probably some sort of ongoing rota system might be in order?.....?

(Which we seem to partly have in place with Steve McLaren!)

Here’s an idea. Stick a complete moron in charge at the start of the season but with a DOF who can make transfers (idk, Ian Holloway?). Sack him as we fail to win the opening 8, stick mcclaren in charge to get us form back through to the end of January. Immediately sack him (blame it on Keogh throwing coffee) then stick Neil warnock in charge to see it through. 

Sorted, easy this running a football club

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Here’s an idea. Stick a complete moron in charge at the start of the season but with a DOF who can make transfers (idk, Ian Holloway?). Sack him as we fail to win the opening 8, stick mcclaren in charge to get us form back through to the end of January. Immediately sack him (blame it on Keogh throwing coffee) then stick Neil warnock in charge to see it through. 

Sorted, easy this running a football club

I think you have it there,quick tell Mel we need three revolving contracts drawing up.?

Because of this thread i did a bit of online searching for Derby jokes and found a fair few.  Really not very good stuff most of it, but one stood out in it's annoying accuracy

Q: What is the difference between a Derby fan and a baby?
A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.

50 minutes ago, ramit said:

Because of this thread i did a bit of online searching for Derby jokes and found a fair few.  Really not very good stuff most of it, but one stood out in it's annoying accuracy

Q: What is the difference between a Derby fan and a baby?
A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.

The ends from which s££t and dribble come vary in both cases. ?

The problem is a joke with Derby in it will tend to make us the punchline that isn't exactly great. Have wracked both my brain cells and the best I can come up with is...

The Derby players in the 07/08 season were never likely to lose their driving licences. They didn't even get 12 points between them.

11 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

So come on, do tell where you expected us to be at the end of the season, before this season started? 

@Leon the ram 2009 and me both put 10k on us to do the triple. League winners, Fa cup and League cup.

I feel so let down by the team.  Gary out. Mel out. Sack the board. Get rid of the deadwood etc etc etc....

On 09/03/2018 at 14:17, BathRam72 said:

He hadn't been OUR manager for 5 years now had he? Yes he had a few games to evaluate and he made changes with in the Boss' remit. I.E Money available versus moving personnel on.

It really gets my goat when people think that success is always instant. 

The whole reason we are in this situation is because of people like you willing to pull the trigger in such a short time.

My question to Leon was where did he expect us to be at the end of the season. ( I ask this question as if it were day one of this season) I ask you the same?

Mid table ish......then I get my hopes up and think this could be the season, then we bottle it AGAIN and I think oh ffs, what everyone seems to be thinking is that I’m surprised by it, I’m not, I was telling work colleagues at Christmas we’ll end up doing the same 

5 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Not a joke - just not that great

2nd place flattered us

just watching Villa and Wolves - both playing with verve, fast football 

ours has no pace 

They have a few oldies as well [assuming Terry's playing ] he's 37 ffs.

1 hour ago, lukedcfc said:

We are a joke at signing players, especially in the January transfer window. 

If we fail to get in the play offs or fail in them, then yes we missed a chance in the January window. Even just bringing in a couple of loans till the end of the season.

Archived