We are a joke

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Just say you only have so much time to talk football and need to keep your time for fellow promotion candidates - cuts the conversation dead and always pisses em off. Apparantly a number of them will have blow up bottles in the crowd on Sunday to celebrate our annual 'bottling of promotion'  the nights must fly by over the border in mordor with such spontaneous jokers.

Believe it or not they know how **** they are, so trust me our complete screw up is the highlight of there football season, 

1 minute ago, Leon the ram 2009 said:

Believe it or not they know how **** they are, so trust me our complete screw up is the highlight of there football season, 

Get a grip,  its not a complete screw up.....

....we're only half way through it. 

:lol:

3 minutes ago, In_The_Dark_Ram said:

Blimey!

IMG_2372.PNG

results more so than performances is what builds morale, and lets morale fall, when things arent going right.

Missed chances, and in addition ref decisions started this off, when we should have beaten bristol city and millwall, but somehow came away with draws.

Leeds, we battered them before they scored should have been 3 up, but couldnt stick one away.

Fulham we were good for a point 2nd half.

tonight brad johnson slips, his man scores.

if we were lucky before xmas... we have been woefully unluckly in 2018.... and all the while, while we havent won for 7 games, Fulham, Villa, and Cardiff are top 3 of the form table, this is the reason for the recent points differencial. havent cardiff just won 5 games straight 1-0 with a 2-1 tonight... hardly liquid football is it? Its finding a way to win in many different ways... something we did in november and december. 

20 minutes ago, Leon the ram 2009 said:

Mate we play them on my birthday next weekend, I’m dreading it 

No need to fear.....

if you can meet with triumph and disaster

And treat them both the same

If you can keep your trousers, whilst all around are losing theirs 

And not break wind, nor make wind your master

If you can risk it all  on the toss of a dwarf and lose the lot

Then you will be a Ram my son,

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, Leon the ram 2009 said:

Only reason I say this is my best mate, and work colleague is a red, he can’t stop finding us funny..... I’m struggling to find a answer back

We are not a joke. We are still in a position 19 other teams would like to be in, however he is a bit oh help should he try and take the mick.

Remind him that not long ago when fawaz took over they were boasting of being the new man city of the midlands and talking of a 3rd star, ask how that worked out.

If he mentions the money we have spent ask how their spending spree ended up, reminder here that they got an FFP charge for overspending. Reminder that they were the ones with out of control debts (spending money is not just spending money on players).

Remind them they are the ones who faced winding up orders more than once and screwed players and other clubs over with non payments.

If he says that's in the past remind him they constantly bang on about bring European champions and also calling us the worst team in history.

On those two points reminder that they are the only European champions to get relegated to the 3rd division, and ask who holds the record for most bottom placed finishes in the PL and ask what league they were in when we were in the PL.

Reminder they weren't even allowed a full crowd if they could get one last season as forgot to get the right health certificate. Also worth mentioning they don't even own their own ground.

Reminder they took great delight in chanting non league Nigel yet he turned them down when they wanted him.

And on that point ask if they finished above Burton last season or not?

Ask how their new owners preparations for his court case for match fixing are coming on?

Just a bit of help pal. And don't forget the most important one, they only laugh at us to deflect from their sorry existence and lurching from one rubbish season to another.

8 hours ago, Leon the ram 2009 said:

Only reason I say this is my best mate, and work colleague is a red, he can’t stop finding us funny..... I’m struggling to find a answer back

Really???? You can't find an answer back???? Brighten up!!! He is a red, enough said.

To the OP. We’re not a joke, we still have a good chance of the playoffs (although we need to get into some sort of form soon) Forest have nothing to play for. A match at home to an out of form Derby is their cup final!! After that they may as well go home and not bother with the rest of the season. Imagine being in that position.

They would swap with us in a heartbeat!!

That said, my usual optimism is being severely challenged. I think we’re going to lose on Sunday, so my plan is to tell all my red dog colleagues this today and prepare for the worst. 

But the joke is still on them!

7 hours ago, jagerbob said:

yeah all 25 of them,..... all because bradley johnson slipped over.

DO ME A FAVOUR!

Bu that's the thing ..... our losses  and failure to win ISN'T just down to things like Johnson slipping ( much as Rowett wants us to think that) , it's down to the way Rowett wants us to play. Last night we were defensive and cautious and we haven't got the balls to attack adventurously cos we are not set up to do so .

Really think the biggest joke would be see Rowett get chopped, if you think there is anyone out there whose available whose better, I’m yet to see it. 

I don’t see Brizzle changing manager after a bad run, I don’t see Villa, Fulham, Cardiff changing managers who have all had a bad run, some of them had worse runs than ours. We are yet to lose two games in a row all season. Yet we whip ourselves time and again into a frenzy, we ain’t no better than the lot down the road for changing manager..... what real benefit would it be of replacing Rowett now. At 1 year he’s now the longest serving manager under Mels ownership, changing the captain of the ship hasn’t helped time and again.

Everyone, and I mean fans didn’t expect to be where we are with 10 games to go..... we should be excited we have a realistic shot at promotion. Yet as always we are having heart failures and want to be proven right about how “wrong” we are getting it.

Dont mind people having a opinion at all, you’re right to free speech. But I’ll be damned if I’m not going to challenge your points. Even if people like to use the word “FACT”

Kind Regards 

The Mafia

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Really think the biggest joke would be see Rowett get chopped, if you think there is anyone out there whose available whose better, I’m yet to see it. 

I don’t see Brizzle changing manager after a bad run, I don’t see Villa, Fulham, Cardiff changing managers who have all had a bad run, some of them had worse runs than ours. We are yet to lose two games in a row all season. Yet we whip ourselves time and again into a frenzy, we ain’t no better than the lot down the road for changing manager..... what real benefit would it be of replacing Rowett now. At 1 year he’s now the longest serving manager under Mels ownership, changing the captain of the ship hasn’t helped time and again.

Everyone, and I mean fans didn’t expect to be where we are with 10 games to go..... we should be excited we have a realistic shot at promotion. Yet as always we are having heart failures and want to be proven right about how “wrong” we are getting it.

Dont mind people having a opinion at all, you’re right to free speech. But I’ll be damned if I’m not going to challenge your points. Even if people like to use the word “FACT”

Kind Regards 

The Mafia

I'd give you more than one like if i could for that.

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Kind Regards 

The Mafia

If we lose on Sunday Rowett's 10 record over the preceding 10 games will be identical to last 10 under Mac 2 (9 points) and just 1 point off the last 20 games under Mac 2.

Just now, metalsheep02 said:

If we lose on Sunday Rowett's 10 record over the preceding 10 games will be identical to last 10 under Mac 2 (9 points) and just 1 point off the last 20 games under Mac 2.

Do you think sacking Rowett would be beneficial? 

1 minute ago, metalsheep02 said:

Interesting stats and you can’t argue with them really.

It makes very grim reading.

Personally I would not entertain replacing Rowett,if we were this poor in 12 months time I would be worried.

2 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I don’t mate,but those stats are poor.

Like I said, teams had worse runs than ours, losing multiple games in a row. They didn’t panic. They are still in there fighting. We as fans seem to give up. 

Archived