We are a joke

We ARE a JOKE .

ONLY DERBY have been in the thick of it for promotion and bottled it at every attempt ...........FACT !.

Even Ramage was saying on Monday night the pressure is getting to them ..............THATS NOT AN EXCUSE !!

Are Wolves feeling the pressure ?

Are Cardiff  feeling the pressure

Are Fulham feeling the pressure

Are Aston Villa feeling the pressure

And so we go on and on .................ITS DOWNRIGHT EMBARRESSING AND THERE NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT !!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

If we lose on Sunday Rowett's 10 record over the preceding 10 games will be identical to last 10 under Mac 2 (9 points) and just 1 point off the last 20 games under Mac 2.

5 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Do you think sacking Rowett would be beneficial? 

2 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Interesting stats and you can’t argue with them really.

It makes very grim reading.

Personally I would not entertain replacing Rowett,if we were this poor in 12 months time I would be worried.

1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

I don’t mate,but those stats are poor.

Yes we are in a poor run, but we are still 5th. I am sure most of us would have been happy with this when the season started.

The last thing I want is to see us change manager yet again, with the usual stuff that comes with it (give him time, build his own team etc). We need some stability, I happen to think GR has done well with the resources, we have clearly had to cut our cloth a bit in the transfer market after some poor spending, most of us knew this was going to be a season of transition. Well I think most, maybe not but thats the impression i got.

I agree with @coneheadjohn that if things this time next year arent looking good then maybe Mel has to start thinking about it, maybe even earlier. I really expect us, if we dont go up, to hit the ground running next season, if we are in a poor position come end of november i'd say look at a change then before the transfer window, give any new manager a few weeks to assess what he has.

Probably didnt help with GR saying himself top 2 was a target, but then who isnt going to say that? Even Forest had aspirations of the play offs.

I still think we are ahead of where we expected to be.

I am sure some dont agree and thats fine, but I am still happy so far with this season, yes a bit disappointed with recent weeks but after our run we were going to have a blip at some point. Like i said last season under Steve (i didnt agree with that sacking btw), had he taken us to 5th or wherever slowly over the season we would have been happy, a bit like this season I think if we had gone from the poor position we were in in September to 5th now without getting to the top two we would have taken it, the fact we got to the top two just makes it look worse.

Just now, Paul71 said:

Yes we are in a poor run, but we are still 5th. I am sure most of us would have been happy with this when the season started.

The last thing I want is to see us change manager yet again, with the usual stuff that comes with it (give him time, build his own team etc). We need some stability, I happen to think GR has done well with the resources, we have clearly had to cut our cloth a bit in the transfer market after some poor spending, most of us knew this was going to be a season of transition. Well I think most, maybe not but thats the impression i got.

I agree with @coneheadjohn that if things this time next year arent looking good then maybe Mel has to start thinking about it, maybe even earlier. I really expect us, if we dont go up, to hit the ground running next season, if we are in a poor position come end of november i'd say look at a change then before the transfer window, give any new manager a few weeks to assess what he has.

Probably didnt help with GR saying himself top 2 was a target, but then who isnt going to say that? Even Forest had aspirations of the play offs.

I still think we are ahead of where we expected to be.

I am sure some dont agree and thats fine, but I am still happy so far with this season, yes a bit disappointed with recent weeks but after our run we were going to have a blip at some point. Like i said last season under Steve (i didnt agree with that sacking btw), had he taken us to 5th or wherever slowly over the season we would have been happy, a bit like this season I think if we had gone from the poor position we were in in September to 5th now without getting to the top two we would have taken it, the fact we got to the top two just makes it look worse.

For gods sake WAKE UP we are not going to be 5th for much longer , Christ what does it take to wake some of you up 

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Do you think sacking Rowett would be beneficial? 

I honestly don't know. I have seen all the arguments since the start of the season for and against Rowett and tried to consider both sides. I would love it if someone can be me just one example of how we have moved forward over the last 12 months as I simply can't see it. My honest view is that Rowett has bought stagnation at best and possibly moved us backward with his Dads Army transfer policy.

The stats point to a manager performing at a similar level to that of the previous incumbent who was sacked. What I will give Rowett is that although the football has been pretty hideous we have yet to see any total capitulations a la the 3-0's vs Reading (h) and Brighton (a).

I have no idea whether sacking him would be beneficial but my view is that I see a real risk that if we keep him we will be in an even worse position in 12 months time. I hope I am wrong and we stuff Forest on Saturday then pressing on to play-offs.

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Like I said, teams had worse runs than ours, losing multiple games in a row. They didn’t panic. They are still in there fighting. We as fans seem to give up. 

Some do mate,it’s a bad run and we’ve been poor but I always saw it as a 3 year plan.

Not sure a lot of people will be that patient.

Sith Happens
Just now, NottsRammy said:

For gods sake WAKE UP we are not going to be 5th for much longer , Christ what does it take to wake some of you up 

Thats the spirit, we could be top 4 soon :)

13 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

If we lose on Sunday Rowett's 10 record over the preceding 10 games will be identical to last 10 under Mac 2 (9 points) and just 1 point off the last 20 games under Mac 2.

Good stats but the difference is probably that we are still in the play-offs.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

Some do mate,it’s a bad run and we’ve been poor but I always saw it as a 3 year plan.

Clearly not, I still think those looking for rowett out are in the minority, but i might be wrong. Might be time for a forum vote :)

Just now, RamNut said:

Good stats but the difference is probably that we are still in the play-offs.

I can't argue (but I will) and the difference for me is that Rowett has had a full season (and pre-season) at it rather than Mac 2 who had to deal with the mess Pearson left.

The point for me is that Rowett is currently performing at a level very little better than his predecessor who was sacked.

4 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Well Rowett clearly didn't with his top 2 / top 6 claims in the media before the season started.

Sith Happens
Just now, metalsheep02 said:

Well Rowett clearly didn't with his top 2 / top 6 claims in the media before the season started.

Yeah, I accepted that in my post. But what do you want him to say, he was asked what the aim was, hes hardly going to say oh, 14th will do is he?

13 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Sign of a “I wanted it yesterday” mentality of a 24/7 world unfortunately 

8 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

I can't argue (but I will) and the difference for me is that Rowett has had a full season (and pre-season) at it rather than Mac 2 who had to deal with the mess Pearson left.

The point for me is that Rowett is currently performing at a level very little better than his predecessor who was sacked.

don't think comparisons are that helpful given there will always be variables to consider.  Question is, are getting to the pay offs this year significant to whether he is a good manager or is it the style of play that is key

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah, I accepted that in my post. But what do you want him to say, he was asked what the aim was, hes hardly going to say oh, 14th will do is he?

Look fair point and I hate to mention the guy but Billy Davies was a master at dealing with stuff like that and I recall him when being asked similar at the start of his tenure and he had the nouse to just bat it away with a comment along the lines of 'it is a long term plan so this season is about stability'. In fact all season long he came out with guff like that all the way to the point we actually got promoted. I bet he was saying something different behind the scenes to the players. 

For me Rowett set the performance metric with those comments and currently he is just achieving them. If he didn't think that top 6 / top 2 was realistic then he should have come up with a more political answer.

20 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

We ARE a JOKE .

ONLY DERBY have been in the thick of it for promotion and bottled it at every attempt ...........FACT !.

Even Ramage was saying on Monday night the pressure is getting to them ..............THATS NOT AN EXCUSE !!

Are Wolves feeling the pressure ?

Are Cardiff  feeling the pressure

Are Fulham feeling the pressure

Are Aston Villa feeling the pressure

And so we go on and on .................ITS DOWNRIGHT EMBARRESSING AND THERE NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT !!

All barring Wolves have had bad runs...... did they panic? Think you have just proved my point. As for not fit to wear the shirt...... I’m pretty sure you’ll be at the front of the queue instead of tour keypad to tell them no?

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Look fair point and I hate to mention the guy but Billy Davies was a master at dealing with stuff like that and I recall him when being asked similar at the start of his tenure and he had the nouse to just bat it away with a comment along the lines of 'it is a long term plan so this season is about stability'. In fact all season long he came out with guff like that all the way to the point we actually got promoted. I bet he was saying something different behind the scenes to the players. 

For me Rowett set the performance metric with those comments and currently he is just achieving them. If he didn't think that top 6 / top 2 was realistic then he should have come up with a more political answer.

Yeah, cant argue. Even when he said it most on here were saying no chance though.

Billy being a master, he cant have been that good though to have ended up in a position he was refusing to speak to he media when at Forest.

I still think the form will turn around and see us finishing 4th or 5th, 6th even would be good.

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

don't think comparisons are that helpful given there will always be variables to consider.  Question is, are getting to the pay offs this year significant to whether he is a good manager or is it the style of play that is key

Pay offs is a great typo (seriously, I am not having a dig) and that name should be suggested to the EFL, given you a like for that alone.

Both results and performance are important, as I am sure other factors are. Style of play has been marginally worse than Mac 2 I would say (although Mac 2 was pretty grim) and the results are getting there (hence my original post).

Archived