Reading v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor defensive display , Reading were there for the taking and we failed miserably. I fail to see what Jerome brings to us that Bent and Martin couldn't. We have blown automatics and must focus on staying in the playoffs. We have failed to handle the pressure again, which is disappointing. Questions need to be asked after scoring 3 away and only drawing the game. 

I've seen so many people citing bad luck as a factor and berating Chris Baird over his red card. 

Neither of these are true: the game was decided before Baird got sent off and actually his red didn't cost us. And we didn't suffer from bad luck, we scored three goals, we took chances that came our way. We just weren't good enough. 

Its a shame but its a brutal awakening. Automatics a tough ask from here, however we have to play Villa, Boro, Preston and Cardiff. Win them and we are in with a shout. Don't: and we may as well plan for next year. 

23 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Mad blaming individual players today.....it's the management responsibility to ensure the right players are in the team,know their job and are then capable of fulfilling it.

It's why we have managers so the team don't just run around like crazy leg chickens.

Which they do.

The odd thing is Kash that many of us stated right at the start of the season that a midfield 2 of two players in their thirties will be costly against teams with energy.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The odd thing is Kash that many of us stated right at the start of the season that a midfield 2 of two players in their thirties will be costly against teams with energy.

Let's be honest neither transfer windows has been good, after letting go of Hughes and Ince we were all worried about the future and our creativity, and that creative future was given to Lawrence. Then Jan and we got Jerome  ? Ok, sadly we missed Lookman who may have made a real difference but good management requires a plan B if that was Jerome we're fooked

21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Exactly, so why the hell was Thorne not playing today?! People moaned at him and wisdom but we damn well weren’t conceding so many goals when they were in. Ledley has been half the player he was since Christmas recently, he went missing today.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Exactly, so why the hell was Thorne not playing today?! People moaned at him and wisdom but we damn well weren’t conceding so many goals when they were in. Ledley has been half the player he was white Christmas recently, he went missing today.

That was my worry. I wanted us to sign kieftenbeld in January because I didn’t think Ledley would be the same after his back injury. 

24 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Poor defensive display , Reading were there for the taking and we failed miserably. I fail to see what Jerome brings to us that Bent and Martin couldn't. We have blown automatics and must focus on staying in the playoffs. We have failed to handle the pressure again, which is disappointing. Questions need to be asked after scoring 3 away and only drawing the game. 

I thought Jerome had a good game, the draw was not his fault and that strike in the second half that the keeper saved was awesome 

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Exactly, so why the hell was Thorne not playing today?! People moaned at him and wisdom but we damn well weren’t conceding so many goals when they were in. Ledley has been half the player he was since Christmas recently, he went missing today.

Out if interest were you at the game?

Just now, McLovin said:

That was my worry. I wanted us to sign kieftenbeld in January because I didn’t think Ledley would be the same after his back injury. 

We definitely needed another man in there that’s for sure. Would have loved Ryan woods, but really all we need is someone to make space for Huddlestone and any team is in danger. Ledley didn’t do that effectively enough and it showed it us not being able to control the game. Not sure if it is to do with his injury tbf, he just wasn’t awake today. Poor positionally and wasn’t alert when he received the ball.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Since it happened I've had this feeling that the ****-up with his signing / non-signing could prove costly. Hope I'm wrong

16 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I thought Jerome had a good game, the draw was not his fault and that strike in the second half that the keeper saved was awesome 

Jerome did have a good game but it's my observation of him being similar to the two players mentioned, not questioning his ability. Lewis grabban would of been a better signing imo but I would of kept Benty anyway. 

Archived