Reading v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

Feel sorry for Kasey Palmer in amongst that ****, like a diamond in a pile of ******* manure. When will we ever learn to bloody push on when we get a goal, twice today we scored and just sat back and allowed them to equalise!

We won’t make the playoffs. That’s a millenniumram guarantee, we’ve been in this league long enough to know what a top six team run in looks like. This isn’t it.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Millenniumram said:

We won’t make the playoffs. That’s a millenniumram guarantee, we’ve been in this league long enough to know what a top six team run in looks like. This isn’t it.

You're the most bipolar poster out there! When we win we're phenomenal, when we lose (we didn't even lose this game) we're the worst team ever and won't make the playoffs. Balance needed. We scored 3 goals away from home, which is a start, if we tighten it up at the back we're a strong shout to go up through the playoffs.

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Not sure what relevance that has on today's game.

Today's game is not isolated, is it. Confidence, or lack of it, is not switched on and off at will. You only have to look at all the bitching on here to know it's going to be difficult for the players to play in front of such attitudes.

Some people on here seem to be just waiting for an error, a poor bit of play, a poor result etc, so they can come on here, tumescent at the opportunity to slag the players and manager. That's audible at matches.

Yes people are entitled to their opinions but there are consequences. With the right to express an opinion comes the responsibility of what that opinion might do.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Feel sorry for Kasey Palmer in amongst that ****, like a diamond in a pile of ******* manure. When will we ever learn to bloody push on when we get a goal, twice today we scored and just sat back and allowed them to equalise!

If your guarantee is anything like your pre-match ramblings I reckon we're already running round Wembley with the PL next stop.

Hugely annoying and Baird’s frustration from a poor day led to the sending off. Reading dangerous down both flanks throughout - and our full backs had little support from the wingers.

We’ll look back at this transfer window as the moment that changed the season - Lowe would be in the first team now if not shipped out on loan. Russell not replaced and Rowett not brave enough to give Thomas a run when we’re crying out for energy (and earlier subs).

Credit to Kasey Palmer but he tired, Lawrence took a big knock after making two of the goals and neither of our number 9s looked a threat - whole Stam had done his homework on sitting on Tom. 

Why do we do this to ourselves

8 minutes ago, SWRam said:

Cue absolutely awful January transfer window, which was just a cost cutting exercise.

Spot on! January has cost us, poor management in that window for me. 

7 minutes ago, Finch said:

Bye Gary 

You off already? Shame, it's been great having you around.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Maybe you and Finch could share a cab?

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You're the most bipolar poster out there! When we win we're phenomenal, when we lose (we didn't even lose this game) we're the worst team ever and won't make the playoffs. Balance needed. We scored 3 goals away from home, which is a start, if we tighten it up at the back we're a strong shout to go up through the playoffs.

I probably do exaggerate a little after the game but it’s the way we play. You can look at defensive errors (both fullbacks were ****) but the real issue lies in the fact we don’t push on when we score. You can call me up on it if we do somehow make it and I’ll be gladly proven wrong, but I can’t see us making it, we’ve had the form of a relegation team since Christmas. This isn’t a blip, it’s a collapse.

Again

I never thought we would get top two, based that you generally have to be one of the two best teams. We aren't that at all. 

I thought playoffs would be a certainty, now that's less likely. Letting Russell go and insisting of bringing Bradley steals a living Johnson on, throws a spanner in the works. Plus our defence has gone back to being a Derby defence again, having done a great job of disguising themselves as a decent one. 

Teams will hit form below us and at the moment we look like a mid table team. 8th is my bet now sadly. Same **** different year. 

I try to stay positive but the form and results over the past 7 or so games does make it difficult. Form can change and there's a possibility that we can come good again but I have a bad feeling in my stomach (could be the lunchtime vindaloo though)

Archived