Ledley or Thorne starting

Curtains

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Because I don't think Olson played well on Saturday. Which has always been his problem, his inconsistency. He was really good last week but then failed on Saturday to put in a performance, same as Anya. Have a good game then have several bad games.

just my opinion but as poor as fozzys been (by his standards) he's performed better than Olson bar that one game last week.

he will be fresh aswell after a break for a couple of games.

What did Ollson do wrong on Saturday? I don't see as Ollson really does anything wrong? Plus he wins more in the air than Forsyth and he's 2 inches shorter. Work that one out. 

I've seen Forsyth have maybe 2 good games this year. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 13:06, Anag Ram said:

I would go with Ledley alongside Huddlestone and Johnson alongside Vydra and Palmer.

Rest Thorne, Weimann and Lawrence.

Jerome upfront but with Nugent on after an hour.

Nuge does need to get on the pitch and I agree .. 20-30 mins 

In his post match and pre match chats, Rowett was about as blatantly obvious as you can be that Thorne needs a rest and won’t start today.

Wouldn’t surprise to see Ledley plus Nugent and Johnson all starting. Palmer a long shot possibility as well.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

As much as I rate thorne,he doesn't sit easily with how we play now and I'd rather Ledley started this one....I'd place Lawrence in the same boat as thorne and would prefer Anya and weiman to start. 

Can’t agree with you there kash Thorne is a very rounded midfield player ,for me it’s a form issue and not anything to do with how we play ,, Martin yes but it not Thorne 

28 minutes ago, archied said:

Can’t agree with you there kash Thorne is a very rounded midfield player ,for me it’s a form issue and not anything to do with how we play ,, Martin yes but it not Thorne 

We will have to agree to disagree on this one then...

Thorne is a supremely capable midfielder but I really don't think he sits comfortably with rowetts tactics...the last time I saw him look anything like his old self was when he was playing with Russell and martin and accurately pinging passes and crosses between them.....it was a joy to watch Thorne looking so fluid again.

His form is off precisely because he is struggling to entirely adapt...same goes for lawrence.

I reckon Thorne is really comfortable playing deep with passes to play forwards,pretty much alone, just him and the CBs flanking him, when were playing further up the pitch. one of the best in the league, no doubt, and huddlestone too, similar players who have similar strengths and weaknesses, mainly surrounding mobility and that. I think Thorne playing along side Ledley could possibly be as effective as HuddlestoneLedley has shown to be for the first 3rd of the season. Thorne hant needed anything other than minutes under his belt this season though really has he, as injury free as possible, get a contract sorted, and to get himself into preseason fit and ready. Our form, our injuries and his availability have sorted him some of that valuable pitch time. But he shouldnt be burdened with too much too soon, for our chances, for his psychological and physical recovery and that. Huddlestone and Ledley was clockwork for abit. we could do with getting that back. Not digging Thorne at all, glad he's back, and he's overcome a few horror seasons, but he'd look better with a good presser beside him.

4 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

What did Ollson do wrong on Saturday? I don't see as Ollson really does anything wrong? Plus he wins more in the air than Forsyth and he's 2 inches shorter. Work that one out. 

I've seen Forsyth have maybe 2 good games this year. 

I guess agrees with me.

8 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Thorne injured? That's very unusual for him 

What a pathetic comment, given what happened at Ipswich

I do fear he is not and never will again be the player we saw in 2014. But even at his worst he manages more often than not to find a teammate. This is in stark contrast  to Bradley Johnson, what a week that was in 2015 when we signed him and Butterfield.

13 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

As much as I rate thorne,he doesn't sit easily with how we play now and I'd rather Ledley started this one....I'd place Lawrence in the same boat as thorne and would prefer Anya and weiman to start. 

In fairness I’ve not seen enough of Lawrence before he arrived to make proper call on that but from what I’ve seen he has not inspired me ,he seems to want to run down blind alleys ,doesn’t get his head up and as a result makes the wrong choices far far too much ,form or not the player rowett thought he was remains to be seen in my opinion ,

i think it’s a little too easy to put everything down to rowett s tactics which I think suffer more from lack of quality wide players who really can produce more constant end product , whether we don’t have the money to address that or if it’s rowett s judgement again remains to be seen ,

if the two wide players give the ball away too cheaply too often then the players around them tend to get a bit negative and defensive minded ,

the jan window was either poor judgement from rowett or him having his hands tied a bit financially and again only time will tell us the answer to that one 

10 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

I do fear he is not and never will again be the player we saw in 2014. But even at his worst he manages more often than not to find a teammate. This is in stark contrast  to Bradley Johnson, what a week that was in 2015 when we signed him and Butterfield.

He has been injured for most of his time at Derby. That's fact 

12 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

It’s been well covered but we totally panicked when Hughes and Bryson were injured a couple of years back and wasted a small fortune on 2 players who are just not good enough,Bradley’s 1st touch and passing is shocking and god knows what’s happened to Butterfield a player I liked the look of 3 or 4 years ago.

On 12/02/2018 at 14:15, Papahet said:

I'd have brought Ledley in for Thorne the moment he was match fit, we've gradually tailed off with him and Baird out the side IMO.

Neither are flash players but do the basis right.

class players both with a lot of premiership experience.

Archived