Bomb Scare

G STAR RAM

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I never know why people leave early but can understand today. Freezing and game was pretty much over after our 2nd goal. I was listening to radio derby and started snoozing before final whistle. It's all too easy!!

Yes, but as Inverurie Ram says, where are all these people in such a rush to get to? What matters 10 or 15 minutes? If you chose to spend your afternoon watching footy then you're gonna be cold now and then, buy a coat.

23 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I never know why people leave early but can understand today. Freezing and game was pretty much over after our 2nd goal. I was listening to radio derby and started snoozing before final whistle. It's all too easy!!

On match day, Radio Derby has that effect on a number of people

Don't get it myself, and as for the ones who come 5 minutes late, then go down for half time on 40 mins only to come back 5 minutes into the 2nd half. Then leave on 85 mins!!!!

Each to their own I guess, but I think any season ticket holder leaving before the final whistle should have to write an excuse letter to Mel in advance for approval , or they get their ticket taken off them :p

I tend to watch injury time on the concourse TV’s.  Reason for this is straightforward - I’m near the back of the south stand, it takes ages to get down the stairs if I leave with everyone else and I have a train to catch to Ipswich with a tight connection time. 

Sounds like the OP wants some sort of recognition for being a super fan, maybe the mods can bestow the fan of the week or something on him??!

embarrassing ? Doesn’t bother me in the slightest, at least they were there in the first place, mind you I think it was the same poster who accused fans of ripping the club off for watching Rams TV, some people need to get out more ?     

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

There were five of us left on our row with fifteen minutes  to go.

Out of the six of us that sit together.

(no 1) went early to get a taxi back to town as he is disabled so struggles in the crowd .

(no 2) went to his car to beat the rush

(no 3) went to catch a train he had a date with his girl friend 

6 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Out of the six of us that sit together.

(no 1) went early to get a taxi back to town as he is disabled so struggles in the crowd .

(no 2) went to his car to beat the rush

(no 3) went to catch a train he had a date with his girl friend 

No 1. Understandable.

No 2. Sort of get it yesterday, the game appeared won

No 3. No excuse, needs to take a leaf out of B4's book.

I never leave early, but sort of get it yesterday, the game was going nowhere and seemed won.

I don't get people leaving early when its possible something could still happen (which does happen), unless of course there is a valid reason they have to (medical etc).

Every game you get some drifting out on about 78 minutes...there is often 16-17 minutes left at this point.

It is their own choice though.

I was more disappointed with the total crowd yesterday, thought with our form we would have been more like 28k.

I did notice some leave from the front half a dozen rows in south stand. When the rain got heavy at the end, it looked like they were getting soaked. It’s not something I do personally, but don’t lose sleep over anyone who does. Better to turn up and give the club their hard earned dollar and leave early, rather than the alternative 

I have left few times before the final whistle and always had a good reason for it.

If it bothers someone, it really is not my problem.

And yes, I've left in the middle of the movie too. But that was because it was just ****.

11 hours ago, Simsy said:

Unfortunately people want to beat the traffic.

The guys I sit with always leave a couple of minutes early to get home earlier. I will be reccomending we relocate near the stairs as it must be frustrating for those having to let us by.

And thereby become the very traffic they wish to beat. Billy Connolly told a story about all the disabled guys being let out of the shipyard five minutes early on a Friday. He described the gates opening as looking like the village of the damned! Wonder what PP looks like from the outside at 4.45 on a Saturday???

I realise it's a free choice when people come and go. 

However, I sit near an aisle and it is pretty annoying when the view of the game is blocked by a flood of fans queuing down the aisle. If you're going to go, get on with it, don't hang around there watching the game!

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I realise it's a free choice when people come and go. 

However, I sit near an aisle and it is pretty annoying when the view of the game is blocked by a flood of fans queuing down the aisle. If you're going to go, get on with it, don't hang around there watching the game!

And stopping when it looks like there is some action on the pitch?

They used to stop people doing this but dont seem to now.

I normally stay but the game was secured yesterday after vydras pen. There wasn't much time remaining and i needed to get to a lodge in Lincoln so that's my excuse ha ha. 

It's all down to personal preference some just get so flustered when sat in traffic or busy situations. 

Overall i thought or fans were a bit flat last night i am not sure if it was the arctic weather that came in at half time or the fact the game was very one sided once the Brentford player was sent off. 

Archived