Give Thomas a go...?

FolkStar85

Why not give Luke Thomas a go now that Russell has all but departed? 

He seems to have bags of potential and it would be refreshing to develop our own youngster instead of another clubs. 

Every under 23 match report he seems to be ripping it up. I accept it could be a gamble but could it be a gamble that pays off? 

Has anyone seen more of the under 23s than myself who could add some insight? 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping we sign a new winger now Johnny is off, but would like to see Thomas regularly feature on the bench because Rowett loves his 3 attacking subs. We've seemed to have given up on the u23 league and cups and have loaned out what I personally would consider the better prospects, but have kept him here when he's probably the best of the lot alongside Elsnik. Why give the rest of them the opportunity to go and get first team experience and not him if we're not planning to make use of him ourselves? 

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

So excited to see him in the matchday squad. Don’t think we’ve seen anyone of this potential in a long time. He performs well in every U23s match : a model of consistent execution. Deserves a chance now.

Deserves a chance I'd agree, and at this stage he can contribute without pressure.

41 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Could see this happening out of necessity, Bennett and Thomas both getting minutes.

Going to be very difficult to find a quality winger at this point.

I don’t know enough about the lad to say if he’s ready yet or not. I can’t believe we are letting Russell leave this window if we don’t have a replacement lined up. Could seriously derail our promotion push otherwise 

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'm hoping we sign a new winger now Johnny is off, but would like to see Thomas regularly feature on the bench because Rowett loves his 3 attacking subs. We've seemed to have given up on the u23 league and cups and have loaned out what I personally would consider the better prospects, but have kept him here when he's probably the best of the lot after Elsnik. Why give the rest of them the opportunity to go and get first team experience and not him if we're not planning to make use of him ourselves? 

FTFY  :ph34r:

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

If Johnny going proved to be the difference between us achieving promotion or not then I'll eat my trousers :lol:

Famous last words :lol:

I think Luke Thomas would be a threat going forward, but he does seem to drift out of games and isn't going to be working hard enough to get into GR's team just yet. I have seen him quite a few times and he seems to have stamina problem in my opinion.

Archived