Give Thomas a go...?

FolkStar85

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ossieram said:

I think Luke Thomas would be a threat going forward, but he does seem to drift out of games and isn't going to be working hard enough to get into GR's team just yet. I have seen him quite a few times and he seems to have stamina problem in my opinion.

Drifts? Doesn’t work hard?

Where do you come up with this? Thomas impacts every single U23s game - goal, assist, sets up easy chances that are or not taken - and who works like a maniac. He’d fit right in - as long as he goes and does what Rowett says when he comes on lol! 

He could also be the answer as a #10 backup to Vydra. He keeps the ball, is a creator and a scorer.

29 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

There's a symmetry about the fact that both players have surnames that are also Christian names...Johnny Russell, Luke Thomas, and of course the maestro himself, Chris Martin. :mellow:

We have a few more christian name surnames in fairness.

Scott Carson, Mason Bennett, Joe Ledley, Johno Mitchell, Tom Lawrence, Alex Pearce, Cameron Jerome

Although thinking about it I was sounding out Pearce in my head, im probably getting it confused with Piers. The rest are ok though

14 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

If Rowett is anything like my missus he's gonna take some persuading to give this lad a go. Every night I beg my missus, without much success, to give my John Thomas a go. 

That's unusual Steve she never refuses me 

15 hours ago, Doodle said:

I don’t know enough about the lad to say if he’s ready yet or not. I can’t believe we are letting Russell leave this window if we don’t have a replacement lined up. Could seriously derail our promotion push otherwise 

Doodle  the lad is a talent is he ready Not yet he's only small and still filling out he's still only 18  I know a lot if players are ready at that age but IMO he's not ready physically Put them in to early and it can destroy them but handled right and I'm sure Delap and Short  will know that then we have an exciting talent to look forward to 

5 hours ago, Ninos said:

Drifts? Doesn’t work hard?

Where do you come up with this? Thomas impacts every single U23s game - goal, assist, sets up easy chances that are or not taken - and who works like a maniac. He’d fit right in - as long as he goes and does what Rowett says when he comes on lol! 

He could also be the answer as a #10 backup to Vydra. He keeps the ball, is a creator and a scorer.

It's a little thing called observation, you might like to try it some time without wearing blinkers!

I like LT and said he would be effective going forward, I can't recall saying he isn't a hard worker either. But I have seen him plenty of times, either at the game or on Rams TV and have noticed that he does tend to stroll around the middle of the pitch when the ball isn't near him instead of making dummy runs to drag defenders away from other players and create space for them.

He does work hard, but I also think he struggles with stamina and will fade as the game goes on and will only get involved when the ball is played to him. He does seem to get subbed off quite a bit later in games because of this.

I think he would be brilliant coming off the bench and running at tiring defenders for the last 20 minutes of games.  

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

It's a little thing called observation, you might like to try it some time without wearing blinkers!

I like LT and said he would be effective going forward, I can't recall saying he isn't a hard worker either. But I have seen him plenty of times, either at the game or on Rams TV and have noticed that he does tend to stroll around the middle of the pitch when the ball isn't near him instead of making dummy runs to drag defenders away from other players and create space for them.

He does work hard, but I also think he struggles with stamina and will fade as the game goes on and will only get involved when the ball is played to him. He does seem to get subbed off quite a bit later in games because of this.

I think he would be brilliant coming off the bench and running at tiring defenders for the last 20 minutes of games.  

Luke Thomas is an exciting prospect, one of the few players who looks quicker with the ball at his feet than he does without!

He's a fantastic dribbler, but is often lacking a killer end product... he's definitely a player of great potential but is well off being a regular starter at this stage in my opinion... would be a great option for the bench though as you say.

3 hours ago, ram59 said:

According to Gloucestershire Live, Thomas is off to St Johnstone on loan. 

I think that we're getting a bit thin on the ground, if we suffer an injury crisis, unless a new winger is on his way. 

what good will that do him? might as well send him to belper town!surely he would be better off on our subs bench.

Archived