When is Anya going to be let out of the cupboard?

StarterForTen

With Bent and Shackell gone, Martin taking his pick of clubs, and all of the youngsters on loan to stretch their legs, is it finally time to unlock the padlock on the cupboard door that is hiding Ikechi Anya?

There has been no talk of him going anywhere but surely he has to be the next one out?

Loan move to Rangers perhaps?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

With Bent and Shackell gone, Martin taking his pick of clubs, and all of the youngsters on loan to stretch their legs, is it finally time to unlock the padlock on the cupboard door that is hiding Ikechi Anya?

There has been no talk of him going anywhere but surely he has to be the next one out?

Loan move to Rangers perhaps?

It's a pretty open cupboard door given that he's played a fair amount in the under 23's.  He's hardly hiding and nor are the club hiding him.

Given that it takes 3 to make any deal perhaps there hasn't yet been that alignment 

Bit worrying this one because you’re right - not even a peep of a rumour and you get the impression he’s below Martin, Bent, and Shackell in who GR wants out. Scotland loan may be right but someone including his agent must be working on this. On good money though no doubt. His last U23 outing  prob did him some favours.

He's probably the most puzzling of the players who've been sidelined in my opinion.

Versatile, with a seemingly good attitude as he's shown in the u-23's of late, and not really massively different talent wise to 1st team fixtures, one of whom hasn't yet commited himself to the cause beyond the summer. 

It can only be a swinging payment must be due to Watford by making another appearance surely?

I just don't believe his lack of opportunities is purely down to sporting reasons.

1 hour ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Puzzled myself ok he doesn't fit into GR plan or system but when he has played in the past he has always given 100%.

You never hear of him moaning or cause a fuss, Seems like a honest hard working committed professional. 

This ,nice guy to boot got to be extra cost based on appearances surely.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

He's probably the most puzzling of the players who've been sidelined in my opinion.

Versatile, with a seemingly good attitude as he's shown in the u-23's of late, and not really massively different talent wise to 1st team fixtures, one of whom hasn't yet commited himself to the cause beyond the summer. 

It can only be a swinging payment must be due to Watford by making another appearance surely?

I just don't believe his lack of opportunities is purely down to sporting reasons.

Spot on even better than two of the first team Something definitely not right here I've heard he's often late for training but that's probably just a rumour Sure its more of an issue than that to not even make the bench I watched him against Brum for the under23s he was the best player on the pitch 

45 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Spot on even better than two of the first team Something definitely not right here I've heard he's often late for training but that's probably just a rumour Sure its more of an issue than that to not even make the bench I watched him against Brum for the under23s he was the best player on the pitch 

He played really well against Birmingham but I have seen him at other under 23 games where he hasn't played so well. Maybe he knew there were scouts there? 

I certainly hope so because he needs to move on and play football somewhere else. I wasn't sure when we bought him what he could offer us that we hadn't already got and he just hasn't got enough of  that something different  to challenge for a place. 

In a different way, he's another casualty of the constant change of management in recent years.

His twitter site has been rumored to have reference to PFA legal involvement   as in thanks for. Whatever the problem it would seem to be complicated and  has really been disastrous for him.  It looks now as though it could also block any movement out through a loan or permanent.  I can't help but wonder if it is something to do with Rush  and / or Watford's payment for Will Hughes. or maybe he isn't properly registered as our player and cannot play for the senior side. OR international clearance wasn't sought??   ALL complete speculation / dont want to start any rumors /don't think the truth will ever come out.  I just feel very sorry for him.......and that we have a very useful player we can't use.

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

He played really well against Birmingham but I have seen him at other under 23 games where he hasn't played so well. Maybe he knew there were scouts there? 

I certainly hope so because he needs to move on and play football somewhere else. I wasn't sure when we bought him what he could offer us that we hadn't already got and he just hasn't got enough of  that something different  to challenge for a place. 

In a different way, he's another casualty of the constant change of management in recent years.

Yes agree other times I've seen him he's not been to good probably due to lack of action But with the inconsistency of our wide players I would have thought he deserved a chance He does have pace he's completely two footed and can centre from either wing something none of our wide players can do 

17 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

His twitter site has been rumored to have reference to PFA legal involvement   as in thanks for. Whatever the problem it would seem to be complicated and  has really been disastrous for him.  It looks now as though it could also block any movement out through a loan or permanent.  I can't help but wonder if it is something to do with Rush  and / or Watford's payment for Will Hughes. or maybe he isn't properly registered as our player and cannot play for the senior side. OR international clearance wasn't sought??   ALL complete speculation / dont want to start any rumors /don't think the truth will ever come out.  I just feel very sorry for him.......and that we have a very useful player we can't use.

International clearance? He's Scottish!

3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Weirdest thing is there has been no rumours about a move at all. 

Maybe because he's not really any good? Nothing I've seen suggests otherwise 

Archived