Millwall F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Home office figures at August 2017 have Millwall as the fourth worst in the country with 55 banning orders in the year 2016_17  They are behind Nwcastle  Brum and Wolves 

Guessing you are well travelled, have you felt safe going to any of them grounds etc? 

Anyone doing the public transport thing, the dead easy route is Northern Line from Kings Cross/St Pancras underground to London Bridge (maybe 12 minutes). Then from London Bridge national rail station there are regular trains that go to South Bermondsey (next to The Den) which take 5 minutes. You don't need tickets from it - a contactless payment card works everywhere.

And you can also stop off at London Bridge and have beers by the river at pubs like The Old Thameside Inn (beside Francis Drake's Golden Hind) or The Anchor (just along from Shakespeare's Globe Theatre).

I've a feeling Rowett will start Jerome instead of Nugent for this one, but otherwise unchanged.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Don't think they played many of the first team, did they?

Which is a weird thing for them to have done. They can't make the playoffs and they're not going to go down, so you'd think today's game is their most important one left in the season and merited the strongest team. They should have played their best 11 and then, if players needed a rest, their reserves against us on Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from Waterloo to the ground?

I need to figure out what time train to get to Waterloo in time.

See my earlier post:

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Anyone doing the public transport thing, the dead easy route is Northern Line from Kings Cross/St Pancras underground to London Bridge (maybe 12 minutes). Then from London Bridge national rail station there are regular trains that go to South Bermondsey (next to The Den) which take 5 minutes. You don't need tickets from it - a contactless payment card works everywhere.

And you can also stop off at London Bridge and have beers by the river at pubs like The Old Thameside Inn (beside Francis Drake's Golden Hind) or The Anchor (just along from Shakespeare's Globe Theatre).

I've a feeling Rowett will start Jerome instead of Nugent for this one, but otherwise unchanged.

If you're going to Waterloo you need to get the Jubilee line to London Bridge (<10 minutes) and then go upstairs to the main concourse and take a national rail train one stop to South Bermondsey (run every 20 minutes). Waterloo is a mess if you don't know it, so the walk to the Jubilee line might take you 10 minutes.

29 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

See my earlier post:

If you're going to Waterloo you need to get the Jubilee line to London Bridge (<10 minutes) and then go upstairs to the main concourse and take a national rail train one stop to South Bermondsey (run every 20 minutes). Waterloo is a mess if you don't know it, so the walk to the Jubilee line might take you 10 minutes.

Cheers Carl.

I had been planning on getting the tube to Canada Water, but South Bermondsey looks much closer to the ground.

4 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Cheers Carl.

I had been planning on getting the tube to Canada Water, but South Bermondsey looks much closer to the ground.

From Waterloo, walk to Waterloo East (2 mins) and it's one stop to London Bridge. Saves all the faff with the underground

4 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Cheers Carl.

You can walk down the away fans footpath direct from the station too, brings you out at the away turnstiles, so less hassle.

Just now, PodgeyRam said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from Waterloo to the ground?

I need to figure out what time train to get to Waterloo in time.

Podgey - I've done it via Waterloo. 

Walk over the bridge to Waterloo east and get an overground train direct to new cross gate. Takes 20mins and they go about every 10 mins. 

Then not a long walk to ground.

Dead easy :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, feisty said:

From Waterloo, walk to Waterloo East (2 mins) and it's one stop to London Bridge. Saves all the faff with the underground

8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

You can walk down the away fans footpath direct from the station too, brings you out at the away turnstiles, so less hassle.

7 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Podgey - I've done it via Waterloo. 

Walk over the bridge to Waterloo east and get an overground train direct to new cross gate. Takes 20mins and they go about every 10 mins. 

Then not a long walk to ground.

Dead easy :thumbsup:

There's a joke in there to be made about London buses...

Cheers peeps, I'll do that. Sounds quicker and safer than the other way as well, not that there should be much trouble between fans in these civilised days.

12 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Rodley  You might be embarrassed but I'm certainly not and by a lot of posts on this thread I'm certainly not on my own I've been to Millwall many times so I know what I see and hear if you wish to turn a blind eye that's yo to you Did you go to the playoff semi Did you get locked in the ground till 11pm for your safety Was you on a bus that was still being stoned 5 miles from the ground all the police was lie on the floor  They are still doing things today nothing has changed  Yes the club are doing there best to change things but we are talking about men in their forty's who think its big to terrorize families and young kids they will not change  I don't make my mind up and that's it I say it as I see it  I prefer to go to football matches without the fear of either me or my family being injured 

I don't think anyone is saying that there isn't still a problem. The point being made was that there's a lot of effort and good practice in place seeking to address the problem. Behavioural change takes time. I wasn't at the play off semi, it was bad, I remember it. No one is denying it or turning a blind eye to on going problems. Nor was I seeking to belittle the negative experiences you've had. However, to write off an entire club and its fans based on something that happened 20+ years ago and a minority of fans still representing the dark ages is dismissive and counter productive. This fan came on here to give us some info and did so without any malice or bad feeling. 

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 21:54, HantsRam said:

Word on t'street is.....

If Boycie doesn't know the difference between East End mobs with their Pearlys and the Sarf Lahndan Gangs then he'll earn himself a right good kicking. :lol:

There int any difference. If you're from anywhere South and East of Luton, yurra Cockney.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's all the dreadful sprawling grim morass of south London where noboby goes unless they can't avoid it, so whatever route you take, @PodgeyRam,you want to get in and out as soon as possible. As a London cabbie once said to me, "My dog wouldn't **** south of the river".

Oi! I live in south London. Indeed, in the borough of Lewisham.  And it's fine thank you!

Don't go via New Cross Gate. It's a much further walk.  Go to London Bridge and then get a train to South Bermondsey. 

While I've never had any trouble, there's also police everywhere at South Bermondsey.

9 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

I don't think anyone is saying that there isn't still a problem. The point being made was that there's a lot of effort and good practice in place seeking to address the problem. Behavioural change takes time. I wasn't at the play off semi, it was bad, I remember it. No one is denying it or turning a blind eye to on going problems. Nor was I seeking to belittle the negative experiences you've had. However, to write off an entire club and its fans based on something that happened 20+ years ago and a minority of fans still representing the dark ages is dismissive and counter productive. This fan came on here to give us some info and did so without any malice or bad feeling. 

Rodley  Respect your opinions we will have to beg to disagree  Would like someone from Millwall to tell us why they had 21 arrested at Elland Rd last week  

Archived