One for the oldies

FindernRam

7 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Ooops. Picked up squad from a normally reliable site. I'll tell them.

Interesting fact about Alan: His debut was for Cardiff against Derby in 1959. We lost!

If that was the home game when we lost 2-1, I was there, and we also lost away one week later by 2-0, both night matches.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, DRBee said:

You mean being able to pass the ball accurately is crap these days?

It’s ten times quicker these days! The runs that are coached, the triangles… 

You watch old videos and it’s basically Hinton skipping past a full-back and crossing time and time again. 

2 hours ago, cannable said:

It’s ten times quicker these days! The runs that are coached, the triangles… 

You watch old videos and it’s basically Hinton skipping past a full-back and crossing time and time again. 

Ballox....watch some proper stuff

Ooooooh willie carlin

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

Ballox....watch some proper stuff

Ooooooh willie carlin

forgotten really how good we were.  DMc's reaction to the Les Green save is fantastic, as was the save typical example of his saves.  those days every week we seemed to get better and better

25 minutes ago, Zurich Ram said:

This was Dave MacKay's first game against his old club, no wonder he was chuffed to see Les Green stop that shot from Jimmy Greaves!

I heard Greaves talking about Les Green once. He could not believe he'd saved that shot (Greaves said it was about as well as he'd ever hit a shot).

10 hours ago, PrivateDerby said:

We go on about 20 goals a season but look how many Franny banged in, doesn't seem to get mentioned much by Derby fans surely one of the best we had. 

What do you guys (who watched him) think? 

Couldn't stand the little bugger when he was at Man City ,absolutely adored him at Derby .Great player and he chinned Norman Hunter.

57 minutes ago, Zurich Ram said:

This was Dave MacKay's first game against his old club, no wonder he was chuffed to see Les Green stop that shot from Jimmy Greaves!

I remember a game at the BBG against Burnley may have been one or may the first match after we went up.Les Green saved a penalty ,Dave Mackay went up to him picked him up by the shirt ,patted him on the head dropped him back in the mud and strode off .What a leader.

57 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I heard Greaves talking about Les Green once. He could not believe he'd saved that shot (Greaves said it was about as well as he'd ever hit a shot).

didn't just save it, just plucked it like an apple off a tree

Don't take this the wrong way, and I'm sure it doesn't apply to anyone posting on here but we are all getting to an age where we might know someone affected by dementia. Anyway, I thought this looked a great evening if you have a friend or family member who qualifies, and you could always wangle an invite as their carer!

5a68bf83be3f9_RamCommunityTrust.thumb.jpg.d185f61b4045ebf921f957c3682743d7.jpg

On 22/01/2018 at 21:33, RamNut said:

The only modern player fit to lace their boots was igor

and deano.

igor and deano are the only two.

maybe mark wright at his best.

igor, deano and mark wright at his best.

apart from that......

And maybe eranio

No one has mentioned the Spanish Inquisition.

Archived