Series you just can't get into.... convert us...

Chester40

On 09/05/2018 at 19:44, SillyBilly said:

.......Designated Survivor (albeit the latter is getting a bit tiring).

Watched this from the beginning - started out o.k., but it's become a weird cross between a soap opera and 24 - and one of the recent episodes hit an all time low - bad enough that they had a 'British' Agent with such a large plum in his mouth that he could hardly speak, but they've now introduced his daughter - supposedly at an English school (looked more like Canada to me) and to add to the realism, she was in her room playing the most atrocious 'punk' music on her ghetto blaster - only good thing now is Michael J Fox (and the fit bird that plays the President's Chief of Staff.....)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Watched this from the beginning - started out o.k., but it's become a weird cross between a soap opera and 24 - and one of the recent episodes hit an all time low - bad enough that they had a 'British' Agent with such a large plum in his mouth that he could hardly speak, but they've now introduced his daughter - supposedly at an English school (looked more like Canada to me) and to add to the realism, she was in her room playing the most atrocious 'punk' music on her ghetto blaster - only good thing now is Michael J Fox (and the fit bird that plays the President's Chief of Staff.....)

Watched 15mis and thought it looked naff... a bit 'by numbers'.. Blue Bloods is the same...just felt it had been written by s committee who had shoe-horned in every cliche in the book.

There is something glossy and antiseptic about them that gets my back up. Gomorrah is much more to my taste...feels grittier, more real.

Tbf tho Dexter is quite polished and I loved that...so its interesting what appeals and what doesn't, its hard to predict. 

6 hours ago, Gaspode said:

it's started getting to me now, in real life, America is NOT the good guy!

• 1 month later...

Hunted this thread down late last night to get inspiration of what box set to start watching on Netflix. Decided to go for 13 Reasons - I'm one and a half episodes in and so far it's like a teen 'desperate housewives'... I'm assuming it gets better?

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/07/2018 at 12:35, Parsnip said:

Hunted this thread down late last night to get inspiration of what box set to start watching on Netflix. Decided to go for 13 Reasons - I'm one and a half episodes in and so far it's like a teen 'desperate housewives'... I'm assuming it gets better?

I kinda liked it. Very teen angst but in a way that was thought provoking.

Have finished Gommorah now which was amazing. Totally engrossing.

Now going back to fill the biggest void I have...'Breaking Bad'. One series in....its fine but I just can't see what all the fuss was about.

Just finished 13 Reasons Why. OMG what an absolute pile of crap! Proper dumbass boxset of nothingness. Characters are all really annoying, storyline is a nothingness - and they have this horrendous part at the end where the actors talk about how the show deals with serious issues - which it totally doesn't. American crap. I'm embarrassed for having watched it to the end. 

11 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Just finished 13 Reasons Why. OMG what an absolute pile of crap! Proper dumbass boxset of nothingness. Characters are all really annoying, storyline is a nothingness - and they have this horrendous part at the end where the actors talk about how the show deals with serious issues - which it totally doesn't. American crap. I'm embarrassed for having watched it to the end. 

are you a robot? or are you surpressing your emotions?

17 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Have you watched the second season...? By far the most disturbing piece of TV I have ever ever seen...

17 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Unpopular, but agreed. Watched the first couple and gave up. Total teen-trash.

On 26/07/2018 at 13:08, Moist One said:

are you a robot? or are you surpressing your emotions?

Not at all! Cinema really gets to me - I cry at all kinds of crap. But this was terrible. Although I only watched the first series - from what others have said it sounds like the second series is the good one?

16 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Not at all! Cinema really gets to me - I cry at all kinds of crap. But this was terrible. Although I only watched the first series - from what others have said it sounds like the second series is the good one?

I cannot grasp how the final scene of S1 in the bath tub, and her mum, doesn't hit you. Not sure whether it's cos I have a history of suicidal thoughts, or my age, or what, but it hit me hard, and anyone else I know.

7 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I cannot grasp how the final scene of S1 in the bath tub, and her mum, doesn't hit you. Not sure whether it's cos I have a history of suicidal thoughts, or my age, or what, but it hit me hard, and anyone else I know.

I don't know how I got to the final scene. By that point I was just amazed by how bad the acting was... how the story line made no sense... wtf was Tony?! 

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Moist One said:

when I see people who have motorised Wing/Door Mirrors, and the mirrors are re-tracted and they are driving on a main road.

If you're 10 miles down the M1 and your wing/door mirrors are folded in, you cannot be driving with due care and attention.

And hogging the middle lane doing 60

On 28/07/2018 at 16:00, Paul71 said:

This unfuriates me and baffles me. 

I just can not understand why people do it. I think you could put a brand new driver in a car and they'd still naturally take the left empty lane. Rather than sit in the bloody middle lane whilst everyone else is having to move right to get around. 

Theyre the same types that sit on the outter train seat with an empty seat inside on a busy train. 

Or put their bag on the empty seat and have to be asked to move it rather than being a conscientious and aware person and just moving the bag as the train fills up 

On 28/07/2018 at 16:00, Paul71 said:

1 hour ago, BobbyTheReadingFan said:

This unfuriates me and baffles me. 

I just can not understand why people do it. I think you could put a brand new driver in a car and they'd still naturally take the left empty lane. Rather than sit in the bloody middle lane whilst everyone else is having to move right to get around. 

Theyre the same types that sit on the outter train seat with an empty seat inside on a busy train. 

Or put their bag on the empty seat and have to be asked to move it rather than being a conscientious and aware person and just moving the bag as the train fills up 

how have you managed to get these posts in this thread about TV series?!?!

Archived