Series you just can't get into.... convert us...

Chester40

On 27/07/2018 at 20:08, 86 points said:

Game of Thrones - just a poor man's Tolkien with tits.

Having read both sets of books I find Martin's 'Fire and Ice' books superior. 

I do enjoy the Game of Thrones tv series but I feel the later 1 or 2 series which aren't trying to cram all intricacies of the books are much more enjoyable.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Moist One said:

how have you managed to get these posts in this thread about TV series?!?!

No idea 

The other half persuaded me to watch The Killing, she having read the book. The thing dragged on at snails pace, and at the end of the 1st episode, I discovered that there were 13 episodes, and that's just series 1.

To reach the grand denouement, it was necessary to watch series 2 (another 13 episodes). Sadly (did I say sadly?) the whole set expired from Netflix last night.The result was, having only got as far as S2 E4, having to read the synopses of the next 8 episodes then plunge into S2 E 13.

Even more strange, there were a further 2 series. What they were about, we'll never know (thank God).

Anyone else find this as soporific as I did?

13 hours ago, Phoenix said:

The other half persuaded me to watch The Killing, she having read the book. The thing dragged on at snails pace, and at the end of the 1st episode, I discovered that there were 13 episodes, and that's just series 1.

To reach the grand denouement, it was necessary to watch series 2 (another 13 episodes). Sadly (did I say sadly?) the whole set expired from Netflix last night.The result was, having only got as far as S2 E4, having to read the synopses of the next 8 episodes then plunge into S2 E 13.

Even more strange, there were a further 2 series. What they were about, we'll never know (thank God).

Anyone else find this as soporific as I did?

The Scandinavian version? It was epic 

• 5 weeks later...
On 02/08/2018 at 07:35, Phoenix said:

No, the American version. It was soporific.

Error- the American version is utterly gash! 

Watch the Danish version. Also have a look at The Bridge too (again the Scandi version). I'll add in a leftfield one with Occupied, not to everyones taste as it's politically oriented, but it was ahead of it's time and seemingly anticipated the world we find ourselves in today, albeit an exaggerated version.

Better Call Saul.

I say that despite being just 1 episode behind in the latest season. it's so slow, so many scenes that don't really add anything other than minutes to the episode which feels like it's being dragged out.

It's actually a decent enough storyline to follow, and if they cut the episodes in half would feel better paced. Breaking Bad was slow as well but the storyline was more gripping and had you wanting more.

Suits.

No Mike Ross, no suits, it's just not working and I can understand why they are continuing with it, hoping to cash in on the publicity it's had but the milk will quickly run dry unless he returns, even then I'm not sure it should really continue for another season. They should have left it at the wedding with them leaving for Seattle.  

I so so want to like Stranger Things.

80s nostalgia...X-Files storylines...Winona Ryder... what's not to like??

Started second series twice and have to admit the 'I want to watch it properly so will save it til I have time'...story is a lie. I've admitted it finally. It just a bit lame???

8 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I so so want to like Stranger Things.

80s nostalgia...X-Files storylines...Winona Ryder... what's not to like??

Started second series twice and have to admit the 'I want to watch it properly so will save it til I have time'...story is a lie. I've admitted it finally. It just a bit lame???

Second season was very lame.

First wasn’t much better but it was new, had that ET nostalgic feel to it which kept me in despite the storyline being a bit kids Saturday morning TV. 

14 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Watch the Danish version. Also have a look at The Bridge too (again the Scandi version). I'll add in a leftfield one with Occupied, not to everyones taste as it's politically oriented, but it was ahead of it's time and seemingly anticipated the world we find ourselves in today, albeit an exaggerated version.

I was trying to be diplomatic.

18 hours ago, Ramarena said:

A wonderful series. Absolutely top class.   I actually liked the British/French version of The Bridge, the Tunnel was it?   Occupied isn't bad  either.  

Archived