Sign in to follow this  
David

Boring Sports

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

How baseball isn't top of that list I have no idea. A colleague of mine took me when I was over in America with work and it was the most tedious evening I can remember for a good while. Absolutely knacker all happened.

You mean Rounders? 

Can’t argue with four of the top five. Awful ‘sports’. I don’t mind watching darts as long as the standard is good. Gave that Lakeside darts a go on C4 the other day, appalling.

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

How baseball isn't top of that list I have no idea. A colleague of mine took me when I was over in America with work and it was the most tedious evening I can remember for a good while. Absolutely knacker all happened.

I went to a Yankees game last year in NYC. Took me about 20 minutes to realise it had started, awful! 

On 12/01/2018 at 09:02, StockholmRam said:

Show Jumping... now I can watch just about any sport going and make a good fist out of it... but show jumping!!! OMG...ZZZZZZZZZZZ

I can watch and enjoy by cheering for the posh kids to knock the fences down, and possibly fall off.

I see train spotting isn’t considered boring then. And don’t say it’s not a sport, you don’t get a body like mine if your not on top of your game.

Carp fishing should be on there tbh.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Carp fishing should be on there tbh.

Hmm, depends if you do it right or not.

Set your rod up, get the BBQ on and crack the tinnies. If you're rod is flying around the pond when you wake up the next morning you've done it correctly I think. 

57 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Hmm, depends if you do it right or not.

Set your rod up, get the BBQ on and crack the tinnies. If you're rod is flying around the pond when you wake up the next morning you've done it correctly I think. 

He's trying to get a bite out of me that's all, his maggot isn't big enough though

Golf is the most boring to watch... and I enjoy playing golf!

everybody saying darts clearly haven't seen it live... it's an utter drinkfest and is amazing! 

Edited by Ramslad1992
Golf not gold...

10 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Golf is the most boring to watch... and I enjoy playing golf!

everybody saying darts clearly haven't seen it live... it's an utter drinkfest and is amazing! 

So basically it's like going to an overcrowded pub and watching some lager louts throw darts? 

Boring on tele and boring live. 

12 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

The question is, would darts be enjoyable to watch live without the alcohol?

20 minutes ago, David said:

The question is, would darts be enjoyable to watch live without the alcohol?

Probably not! but the alcohol and the atmosphere make for it to be an enjoyable night.