Sign in to follow this  
David

Boring Sports

Lots of quite dull winter sports that don't translate to TV well. Skiing (esp Nordic) , speed skating, curling, figure skating........

All difficult and highly skilled, but, well - quite dull.

41 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

If you've got the attention span of a 4 year old then yeah, I guess Cricket and the NFL is boring. :ph34r:

Has anyone got the attention span to watch an entire game of cricket? 

Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ.jpeg

PistoldPete2
28 minutes ago, David said:

Has anyone got the attention span to watch an entire game of cricket? 

Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ.jpeg

Too many beers.

I think how to judge how boring something is dependent on how much you watch it. I could totally see how someone who's watched football now and again could easily find themselves only watching ******* awful games.

I used to watch Cricket when I was younger and didn't find it boring at all but now I can't bear it.

I've watched maybe 2 games of Rugby in all my life and they can't have been good ones as my opinion of it isn't high despite the fact I like American Football, of which I've watched a lot.

I don't think any sport that has any ounce of popularity is always boring, it has to have a reason to be popular. 

I'll take a boring game of either football over a game of darts though.