January 2018 transfer thread

ViewsFromTheMiddle

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Walcott has bagged a move to Everton. 

Well, Everton's bench because unlike Arsenal they won't try to make the dream a reality and will realise pretty quickly he's still crap

All them contract talks he's threatened to leave. To go to.... 

Slowly but surely he's finding his level. 

2020 he'll be in the Championship 

I had the misfortune to catch a few seconds of Sky Sports' Transfer centre yesterday evening. It consisted of that shouty Scottish bloke introducing someone who looked like an accountant to give us the latest amazing developments in the Sanchez transfer 'saga' (I assume that neither of them know what a 'saga' is). These 'developments' amounted to a Man utd player's agent saying something about his player's move.

What drama.

What an utterly pointless signing that is, on both sides.

For Walcott, you're leaving a top-four contender to join a side which will settle for 7th every season. Just smacks of joining a club with no challenge and picking up the pay cheque. Test yourself man, go abroad to Germany or something.

As for Everton. Well done. Buy a 28-year-old who relies on his pace. You'll get 3 years max out of the injury-plagued 'forward' and you're playing him a ridiculous amount to boot.

World Cup year, last ditch effort to get himself into the squad with a bit of playing time. They’ve barely got any wingers or strikers, so he’ll stand a good chance of being consistently in the starting 11.

I don’t think he’s as bad of a player as people make out but he hasn’t come across well throughout his career. Should have moved to Liverpool a few years back imo, Arsenal is a graveyard where careers go to die or at the very least lose momentum.

I was talking about this with an Everton fan yesterday, who was the last person to truly flourish and find the next level in their career at Arsenal? Nasri, maybe? And who’d ever want to move there? All these players they’re linked with, it’s completely unrealistic. I think players would pick Spurs over them if they had the chance, imagine saying that 10 years ago.

That club needs to change quickly otherwise they’re going to drop out of the ‘big 6’. 

34 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

For Walcott, you're leaving a top-four contender to join a side which will settle for 7th every season. Just smacks of joining a club with no challenge and picking up the pay cheque. Test yourself man, go abroad to Germany or something.

Did he have offers abroad to choose from? He's left a club that has given him just 64 minutes of Premier League football, could argue that staying at Arsenal would have been no challenge and just picking up a pay cheque.

He has a challenge now to try and help Everton close the gap on the top 6, impossible as it may seem that will be the challenge.

On 19/01/2018 at 01:38, Parsnip said:

Chelsea looking at 37 year old Peter Crouch! I would love to see Crouchy there - and he's a lifelong Chelsea fan too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/18/chelsea-make-surprise-peter-crouch-inquiry-bid-sign-target-man/

They’ve been linked to some odd ones this month though haven’t they!? 

Peter Crouch, Andy Carrol & Ashley Barnes what’s going on there??

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

They’ve been linked to some odd ones this month though haven’t they!? 

Peter Crouch, Andy Carrol & Ashley Barnes what’s going on there??

Have they never heard of big Chrissy Martin or what?!

Archived