January 2018 transfer thread

ViewsFromTheMiddle

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/01/2018 at 17:44, Bris Vegas said:

What an utterly pointless signing that is, on both sides.

For Walcott, you're leaving a top-four contender to join a side which will settle for 7th every season. Just smacks of joining a club with no challenge and picking up the pay cheque. Test yourself man, go abroad to Germany or something.

As for Everton. Well done. Buy a 28-year-old who relies on his pace. You'll get 3 years max out of the injury-plagued 'forward' and you're playing him a ridiculous amount to boot.

Not pointless at all.. he's not getting game time at arsenal so he's bound to want a move and arsenal will be sensible to get rid of him as they obviously dont want him enough. whether it's a good signing for everton time will tell.    

On 19/01/2018 at 01:38, Parsnip said:

Chelsea looking at 37 year old Peter Crouch! I would love to see Crouchy there - and he's a lifelong Chelsea fan too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/18/chelsea-make-surprise-peter-crouch-inquiry-bid-sign-target-man/

Crouch would tick most of Rowetts boxes... he's big, he's a striker and he's old. ANd he could challenge Joe Ledley to a dance off.

20 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

They’ve been linked to some odd ones this month though haven’t they!? 

Peter Crouch, Andy Carrol & Ashley Barnes what’s going on there??

Carrol I think is bizarre. He’s always crocked. Think there’s some special dust knocking about probably direct from Russia at Stamford Bridge 

10 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Why? It's not 2010.

I am a Milwall fan in this scenario. Hope and happiness are ideals far, far away from me so seeing an old hero return would be a nice surprise. 

Plus the lad is still being called up and scoring important goals for his national team at the ripe age of 38. Massive respect

19 minutes ago, brazilianram said:

I am a Milwall fan in this scenario. Hope and happiness are ideals far, far away from me so seeing an old hero return would be a nice surprise. 

Plus the lad is still being called up and scoring important goals for his national team at the ripe age of 38. Massive respect

Australia hardly have an array of talent to choose from and play against the likes of Syria.

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Fulham saying they wouldn't even say Cairney for £40M.

Yeah, course you wouldn't.

Maybe not last season but they’ve tinkered with the system this year and he’s not as integral anymore. 

Wish we’d have got him when he went to Fulham

Archived