Adam Clayton

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to jump on any sort of Bandwagon - i just think if he was younger it would benefit the club more, at the minute i think the best thing to do would be to sort georgey boy out.

Although Clayton is a quality player, personally would prefer someone to last us a fair few more years.

Don't ask for much do i...

11 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Has been a good player at Boro and has won promotion. Why isn't he playing for them?

I've been thinking the same, he was always a fans favourite at boro, definitely in their promotion season. 

He's a Pulis style player too, very surprising that he's 'for sale', could see him being the Spine for boro under Pulis.

13 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

This guy is too good and too expensive to just be brought in as “cover”. Weve already got a bloated squad, Ledley is back for the next game supposidly. He and Huddlestone could go the rest of the season without an injury and we’d have Thorne and Clayton on the bench. We can’t start stockpiling players again.

Understand your concern about stockpiling players hope fully Ledley and Hudds do not get injured or suspended but the chances of that are very small Players are always a tackle away from injury Remember after Jan 31st that's it no more signings or loans If we are serious about promotion all possibilities have to be covered this month especially with our aging legs in midfield

22 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

This guy is too good and too expensive to just be brought in as “cover”. Weve already got a bloated squad, Ledley is back for the next game supposidly. He and Huddlestone could go the rest of the season without an injury and we’d have Thorne and Clayton on the bench. We can’t start stockpiling players again.

If Ledley gets injured we're forced to rely on the injury prone George Thorne who is just coming back from a long injury. I would say that it leaves us far too exposed, as I don't think Bradley Johnson can play the CDM role alongside Huddlestone. I think it makes perfect sense IMO.

It may not particularly matter, but my Boro mate has just told me that he bought a new house in Harrogate literally 2 weeks ago. Of course he may not mind travelling, but it could also be argued this gives a team in that area like Leeds an advantage over us, it we really are both interested. 

On the player himself, he was brilliant for Boro 2-3 years ago. A lot of their fans said he was the unsung hero of the team, but he obviously struggled in the prem and fell out of favour. Only downside of the move is that he's another player approaching 30, and his wages won't be cheap. 

Just now, Ryan O'Meara said:

It may not particularly matter, but my Boro mate has just told me that he bought a new house in Harrogate literally 2 weeks ago. Of course he may not mind travelling, but it could also be argued this gives a team in that area like Leeds an advantage over us, it we really are both interested. 

On the player himself, he was brilliant for Boro 2-3 years ago. A lot of their fans said he was the unsung hero of the team, but he obviously struggled in the prem and fell out of favour. Only downside of the move is that he's another player approaching 30, and his wages won't be cheap. 

This is Tommy Smith's patio set all over again.

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If Ledley gets injured we're forced to rely on the injury prone George Thorne who is just coming back from a long injury. I would say that it leaves us far too exposed, as I don't think Bradley Johnson can play the CDM role alongside Huddlestone. I think it makes perfect sense IMO.

So you’re going to buy a player for a few million who might not actually get any game time unless 2 other centre mids are injured at the same time? How big a squad would we have if we did that for every position? 

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

So you’re going to buy a player for a few million who might not actually get any game time unless 2 other centre mids are injured at the same time? How big a squad would we have if we did that for every position? 

I'd start Clayton over Huddlestone, personally. Having 4 players for 2 positions isn't too many. It's what we did in 13/14 with wingers, we had Bamford, Dawkins, Russell, Ward and they interchanged nicely, and it made them all raise their game. I rate Clayton, from what I've seen he is a good player and I think he would improve us.

Archived