Derby County F.C. v Sheffield United F.C.

Boycie

25 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Out of those,I'm only having ledley,Bryson and Johnson as the midfield,the rest are forwards.....

As such,our midfield aren't contributing as much as previously.

To be fair there’s less of them then?

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Out of those,I'm only having ledley,Bryson and Johnson as the midfield,the rest are forwards.....

As such,our midfield aren't contributing as much as previously.

But we play with a two man midfield rather than a three man midfield like we did under McClaren, both of which are cdms so naturally the midfield will provide less goals and the front four will provide more. None of that is to do with Rowetts style of play, if McClaren played a 4231 (which he should have done) then the spread of goals would be similar.

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Love how Keogh has more assists than Russell.

Yes but Russell has more goals and has won more penalties ?

perhaps we should be more bothered with Lawrence who has taken most of the corners and free kicks for us and also only has two goals

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

It’s a wee bit different. It was me and the game you’re referring to had practically no significance at all except securing who played the home leg of two last. I’m still angry he risked Thorne.  While Hull rested their players we threw out an ACL recovered GT who had busted his guts in the prior match and GT only knows to play the game at high intensity. That call was a very bad call and cost us in the big playoff match. This is quite a bit different. It’s Manchester United in the cup and we don’t have a premier league promotion playoff game sitting around the corner do we? 

The Wassall game should have been played with a skeleton side whereas I agree with @Angry Ramwe should field our strongest team at Man U ... no doubt our best players will all want to play there too. It’s a big match by the nature of the opposition and the cup that it’s in. 

You weren’t the only one moaning, there was loads. We had a chance to ‘earn’ playing the away leg first, which I believe is a psychological boost. To me it was a chance to discredit Wassall even though I felt he’d done a very creditable job and ultimately I’d rather he’d got it full time than Pearson but that is completely OT.

To me this United game is an unwanted distraction. I was happy when we got drawn but we are in a very different scenario now than we were then, we have twenty or so cup finals that is each more important than the game on Friday. It’s a cliche but it’s true. We do well in those twenty and we have Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool to look forward to, in games that actually matter

11 minutes ago, nottingram said:

You weren’t the only one moaning, there was loads. We had a chance to ‘earn’ playing the away leg first, which I believe is a psychological boost. To me it was a chance to discredit Wassall even though I felt he’d done a very creditable job and ultimately I’d rather he’d got it full time than Pearson but that is completely OT.

To me this United game is an unwanted distraction. I was happy when we got drawn but we are in a very different scenario now than we were then, we have twenty or so cup finals that is each more important than the game on Friday. It’s a cliche but it’s true. We do well in those twenty and we have Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool to look forward to, in games that actually matter

Fair point but a nice little replay means another £1million into the kitty ( I am fairly sure we gave ledley his contract on the basis of the money coming in from the old Trafford game)

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Fair point but a nice little replay means another £1million into the kitty ( I am fairly sure we gave ledley his contract on the basis of the money coming in from the old Trafford game)

Would be nowhere near £1m for the replay.

Also would be very interested to know what you base the Ledley point on.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

With the assumption that it would be on tv and all the trimmings 

the ledley thing is essentially his 18 month contract in comparison with our top earners with the estimated 45% of the old Trafford gate money on an average £45 seat which have to be sold just to their season ticket holders 

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

His uncle Bob heard it from a bloke in the pub who heard it from a guy he works with who heard it from his neighbours dad who heard it from his barbers brother who heard it from his grandma's lover.

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

With the assumption that it would be on tv and all the trimmings 

the ledley thing is essentially his 18 month contract in comparison with our top earners with the estimated 45% of the old Trafford gate money on an average £45 seat which have to be sold just to their season ticket holders 

Just checked, the new contract was announced the week before the FA Cup draw.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

His uncle Bob heard it from a bloke in the pub who heard it from a guy he works with who heard it from his neighbours dad who heard it from his barbers brother who heard it from his grandma's lover.

And his grandma's lover is you've guessed it Joe Ledley 

55 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I understand your point of view but IMO our best chance of any silverware, whether we are in the Championship or Premier League, is the FA or League Cup. I think we should field a strong team and try and win it. We have a long break before our next league game. COYR

38 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I understand your point of view but IMO our best chance of any silverware, whether we are in the Championship or Premier League, is the FA or League Cup. I think we should field a strong team and try and win it. We have a long break before our next league game. COYR

In my lifetime the only trophies I have seen us lift are the old division one trophy and play off winners trophy.

We have never lifted the league Cup and it is over 70 years since we lifted the FA Cup  (a competition that we have reached the final twice? in our 133 year history.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In my lifetime the only trophies I have seen us lift are the old division one trophy and play off winners trophy.

We have never lifted the league Cup and it is over 70 years since we lifted the FA Cup  (a competition that we have reached the final twice? in our 133 year history.

Four time FA cup finalists.

We're definitely overdue!

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Yes but Russell has more goals and has won more penalties ?

perhaps we should be more bothered with Lawrence who has taken most of the corners and free kicks for us and also only has two goals

Managed to assist one at Ipswich..... 

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

And another record held for the worst fa cup final drubbing in history :thumbsup:

@eddie still fumes about that day.....:lol:

Archived