'We had the resilience to see the game out'

RoyMac5

12 hours ago, Sir Gary of Rowett said:

Wasting your time with that Roy, top of the league and he would be 

0409FCC2-786B-4194-9EA7-49BDB5854C58.png.1eb02b1775d0acabf517b10e765b3748.png

Fans like that this club can do with out, bet the real Roy Mac would be pissed that his name is put next to this pigeon brained weapons posts

Why? He has an opinion that is shared by some... He's a Derby fan, so that's okay with me. It's a football forum, so a place to share views on the club and other things. So why exactly can we do without him? Is DCFC just for the likeminded? 

I don't always agree with @RoyMac5 but he is a respected poster. 

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Why? He has an opinion that is shared by some... He's a Derby fan, so that's okay with me. It's a football forum, so a place to share views on the club and other things. So why exactly can we do without him? Is DCFC just for the likeminded? 

I don't always agree with @RoyMac5 but he is a respected poster. 

Agree, never will shout anyone down. Even if I think they are completely wrong. 

48 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

See, where did I say I didn't believe what I post? Has Rowett done more than Monk?

You said you posted it to counter what other people were saying, so I was asking if you believe it or just trying to shoot positive posters down?

Has Rowett done more than Monk? In what respect?

He's brought transfer funds in, maybe reduced the wage bil, has more points than Boro, more goals scored and less goals conceded.

More than happy to hear why you think Monk is a better alternative though?

52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

See, where did I say I didn't believe what I post? Has Rowett done more than Monk?

Well given we are higher in the table having spent considerably less money I’d say so yes. I too advocated monk as our manager when we appointed Pearson, but I think it’s pretty clear who’s done the better job this year.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well given we are higher in the table having spent considerably less money I’d say so yes. I too advocated monk as our manager when we appointed Pearson, but I think it’s pretty clear who’s done the better job this year.

It's a marathon (isn't it Mel? :D) not a sprint. But Monk was just a lucky dip in names in my head, so in the long term we'll see and that's the thing Rowett doesn't get me excited about the Rams future, not even if he got us promoted. Anyway nothing is fixed and a week is a long time in football, so who knows what the future will bring? #COYR!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's a marathon (isn't it Mel? :D) not a sprint. But Monk was just a lucky dip in names in my head, so in the long term we'll see and that's the thing Rowett doesn't get me excited about the Rams future, not even if he got us promoted. Anyway nothing is fixed and a week is a long time in football, so who knows what the future will bring? #COYR!

It’s yet to be seen if Rowett and Mel really have enough ambition.

McClaren did have big ambitions.

Not sure if Gary and Mel want promotion this season 

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Showing no intentions in January for me. 

Just talking a good game about being frugal etc and shipping players out. 

I'm sure we've been here before, wanting the club to go big and stick 2 fingers up to FFP and claiming a lack of ambition when they sensibly decline to do so?

I have no doubts in my mind that both Gary and Mel would love promotion this season, what they won't do is jeopardise this clubs future to do so.

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

Showing no intentions in January for me. 

Just talking a good game about being frugal etc and shipping players out. 

Well if we went round saying we're going to splash the cash every club would have our pants down .January is usually poor value in the transfer market anyway,maybe just good management to keep prospective fee's down .Just an observation really they might actually mean it.

7 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Well if we went round saying we're going to splash the cash every club would have our pants down .January is usually poor value in the transfer market anyway,maybe just good management to keep prospective fee's down .Just an observation really they might actually mean it.

Mate I ain’t bothered about January it can only be bad for Derby IMO 

Just now, curtains said:

It’s about lack of ambition 

I know Derby won’t go for Adams. 

They lack ambition in transfers after being stung a few times 

Thanks for clearing that up, got it now.

Does that mean your Che Adams thread is about resilience? 

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

It’s about sustainability 

So just to be clear:

- the thread entitled 'We had the resilience to see the game out' is about not signing Che Adams and a lack of ambition

- and the thread entitled "Would you like a big signing like say Che Adams to bolster promotion hopes" isn't to do with Che Adams or ambition but sustainability.

When you put it like that, I can't believe anyone would be confused. 

Just now, Duracell said:

So just to be clear:

- the thread entitled 'We had the resilience to see the game out' is about not signing Che Adams and a lack of ambition

- and the thread entitled "Would you like a big signing like say Che Adams to bolster promotion hopes" isn't to do with Che Adams or ambition but sustainability.

When you put it like that, I can't believe anyone would be confused. 

Lol.  

Basically I posted in the wrong thread but hey ho it’s Xmas. 

I would love Che Adams at Derby but he won’t be coming because Gary and Mel think we have enough already and need to offload before any ins.  

I don’t see promotion this season with this squad after what I watched against Millwall and Hull .

I hope I’m wrong. 

Archived