'We had the resilience to see the game out'

RoyMac5

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Doodle said:

We lost to qpr. Won **** all. I loved that season but it ended in disappointment. This one may just be different but only time will tell. As for next year, Klopp, Pep or Jose wouldn’t keep this team up. But if we get up, we won’t have this team 

Not sure about that. Would you expect GR to be given a massive transfer kitty if Rams were promoted? Isn't it more likely that he would be making one or two big signings and sticking with much of promotion squad, like Wagner at Huddersfield. Not saying that that would be enough to stay up, but building a new team overnight also has an element of risk.

On 26 December 2017 at 20:03, RoyMac5 said:

Why didn't Rowett change it at half-time, wasn't it obvious by then we weren't having a good game? Or where we?

What happened to 'horses for courses'? It seems Rowett only plays one way.

Roy, you have an agenda against Rowett. You and about four others predominately only pipe up when you perceive a whiff of something to moan about. You are of course entitled to write what you want but it is quite obvious. 

13 minutes ago, europia said:

Not sure about that. Would you expect GR to be given a massive transfer kitty if Rams were promoted? Isn't it more likely that he would be making one or two big signings and sticking with much of promotion squad, like Wagner at Huddersfield. Not saying that that would be enough to stay up, but building a new team overnight also has an element of risk.

Not necessarily a massive budget. We would need a LB a CB probably. Hudds would need replacing. Definitely 1 winger and if money was available a prem quality striker. The first 4 could be done with top 6 cast offs and a couple of loans. The striker is the hard bit. A gamble on a foreigner or a youngster on loan from a top side would be the best we could hope for. 40/50 million would cover that lot. Sensible amount to spend and enough to keep us up in my opinion 

3 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Not necessarily a massive budget. We would need a LB a CB probably. Hudds would need replacing. Definitely 1 winger and if money was available a prem quality striker. The first 4 could be done with top 6 cast offs and a couple of loans. The striker is the hard bit. A gamble on a foreigner or a youngster on loan from a top side would be the best we could hope for. 40/50 million would cover that lot. Sensible amount to spend and enough to keep us up in my opinion 

Yep, agree with that. Top striker is the tricky one. The young loanee striker option could go pear shaped like Tammy Abraham at Swansea.  Maybe better off looking at the decent leagues in Europe for a goal scorer. Not sure how good our overseas scouting is at present.

4 minutes ago, europia said:

Yep, agree with that. Top striker is the tricky one. The young loanee striker option could go pear shaped like Tammy Abraham at Swansea.  Maybe better off looking at the decent leagues in Europe for a goal scorer. Not sure how good our overseas scouting is at present.

Does it still exist? Not had a foreign player for a while who have been anything other than a disaster. If we are paying anyone to scout abroad, then they want sacking 

3 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Does it still exist? Not had a foreign player for a while who have been anything other than a disaster. If we are paying anyone to scout abroad, then they want sacking 

Whose our top goal scorer and where is he from? 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Roy, you have an agenda against Rowett. You and about four others predominately only pipe up when you perceive a whiff of something to moan about. You are of course entitled to write what you want but it is quite obvious. 

Come on Scarlet, please name the DCFCFANS Five :mellow:

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Good. I'd hate for it to be missed. It's to counterpoint the overly obsessed Rowett fanboys/girls on here. :D

Just a thought....Thorne can’t get in the team because Huddlestone in recent games has performed really well, his best form since returning to the club. 

Im all for criticising a manager or the team when things aren’t going well but not when we’re 2 points off automatic. Even the football in recent weeks has been more attractive. The Rowettball myth pushed by some on here has long been de-bunked. It is utter nonsense!!!

There are going to be games where we’re not going to be at it. It’s the championship!!! Wolves just drew with Millwall. Geordies lost twice to Blackburn and they won the league. Key is when not at it to grind it out which we’ve done against Hull.

I’m also intrigued to see where Hull end up. I think they’re a different proposition with Adkins in charge and they’ll start winning soon. Their goose is cooked possibly as regards top 6 but wouldn’t be surprised if they’re top half pushing top 6 by end of the season, making this recent 0-0 a decent result. Hopefully they’ll do us a few favours along the way.

I would like teams managers etc to be judged on a run of games rather than week to week. It provides a balanced view. If you judge Rowett on first half of the season, he’s done an excellent job. It cannot be questioned, the facts are there to support it with the league table, goals scored, goals conceded, goal difference. Furthermore recent performances are showing it might well be sustainable. 

@RoyMac5, your agenda is becoming boring now. 

Just now, BramcoteRam84 said:

I would like teams managers etc to be judged on a run of games rather than week to week. It provides a balanced view. If you judge Rowett on first half of the season, he’s done an excellent job...

@RoyMac5, your agenda is becoming boring now. 

Come back then when the seasons over - as you say you can't judge on half a season, no you can't either then.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who are you offering?

Gary Monk.

Would that be Gary Monk that spent £50m on his squad in the summer?

Middlesbrough - Points 38 Goals For 32 Goals Against 23

Derby - Points 45 Goals For 38 Goals Against 21 

Interested to know which part of Monks record this season would make you want him over Rowett?

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Would that be Gary Monk that spent £50m on his squad in the summer?

Middlesbrough - Points 38 Goals For 32 Goals Against 23

Derby - Points 45 Goals For 38 Goals Against 21 

Interested to know which part of Monks record this season would make you want him over Rowett?

I don't, you were playing silly buggers asking who I would want to be manager like I get to chose. He's the first name I thought of.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't, you were playing silly buggers asking who I would want to be manager like I get to chose. He's the first name I thought of.

Wasn't me that asked.

Genuine question from the other poster, you have made it quite clear you don't want Rowett here, so why is it silly buggers asking who you want to replace him with?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wasn't me that asked.

Genuine question from the other poster, you have made it quite clear you don't want Rowett here, so why is it silly buggers asking who you want to replace him with?

Apologies. I don't see what not liking one manager has to do with knowing who to replace him with. I'm not currently a Rowett fan, who knows that might change as I keep reading how he's still learning the job, but who to have instead what's the point in having an opinion when I'm never going to get to appoint them! :lol:

Archived