'We had the resilience to see the game out'

RoyMac5

Just now, curtains said:

Well done Paul Clement .

Put Vydra Up mate he was a bargain by NP 

Think you've just proven the point against the one I think you were trying to make.

Big money signings guarantee you nothing, forget about the fee and focus on wanting the right players at the club.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, David said:

Think you've just proven the point against the one I think you were trying to make.

Big money signings guarantee you nothing, forget about the fee and focus on wanting the right players at the club.

Carson was at Wigan wasn’t he and they were on a downward spiral so was a bargain but there isn’t many of them about. 

Vydra was  8  to 10 Million and alot said NP had paid far too much at the time and he is a bargain. 

Tom Lawrence is a bargain at 7 Million IMO  so in essence what I’m saying is don’t be put off by a 10 Million fee for say Che Adams etc. 

75 Million for a CB for Liverpool is a bargain because they desperately needed some class in defense

Klopp has done  the right thing and Liverpool will be better for it  

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Vydra was  8  to 10 Million and alot said NP had paid far too much at the time and he is a bargain. 

Tom Lawrence is a bargain at 7 Million IMO  so in essence what I’m saying is don’t be put off by a 10 Million fee for say Che Adams etc. 

I think you and I have a very different understanding of the word "bargain".

Just out of interest, how high would the fee have to be before you think "that's a bit steep for a decent Championship forward" if you see £7-10m as a bargain? 

31 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I think you and I have a very different understanding of the word "bargain".

Just out of interest, how high would the fee have to be before you think "that's a bit steep for a decent Championship forward" if you see £7-10m as a bargain? 

Blimey.  

Vydra is on fire and is a bargain and so is Lawrence 

Van Dyke is a bargain for Liverpool because they are defensively short.  

Watch them go now  

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Blimey.  

Vydra is on fire and is a bargain and so is Lawrence 

Van Dyke is a bargain for Liverpool because they are defensively short.  

Watch them go now  

It seems your definition of 'bargain' is 'the exact right price'.

54 minutes ago, curtains said:

Carson was at Wigan wasn’t he and they were on a downward spiral so was a bargain but there isn’t many of them about. 

75 Million for a CB for Liverpool is a bargain because they desperately needed some class in defense

Klopp has done  the right thing and Liverpool will be better for it  

He's not a bargain in my humble opinion. 

If Vydra's goals fire us to the Premier League, you could argue £8m is a bargain with the prize money you receive, same as the Lawrence fee if he proves to be a key part of the team that takes us up I guess.

As for Virgil van Dijk thats probably the first and last time I will see his £75m fee ever being called a bargain. 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Unfortunately Tom hadn't shown anything like enough yet to justify his price tag....yet.

Hopefully that will change.

Agree he's got talent. He seems timid to me, and hasn't quite the courage or the prioperception of the naturally gifted. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

If Vydra's goals fire us to the Premier League, you could argue £8m is a bargain with the prize money you receive, same as the Lawrence fee if he proves to be a key part of the team that takes us up.

As for Virgil van Dijk thats probably the first and last time I will see his £75m fee ever being called a bargain. 

Get in the real Fooball world mate. 

Just now, David said:

It's not that at all, just our definition of bargain isn't the same.  

Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 14.00.19.png

If you want the best like Liverpool you have to pay the going rate. 

Football is not like any other business Van Dyke will prove a bargain if Liverpool win honours something Derby haven’t done in years. 

Just now, curtains said:

If you want the best like Liverpool you have to pay the going rate. 

Exactly, the going rate which is not a bargain. A bargain is when you purchase something cheaper than usual or expected.

I want to say that's not even the going rate for a player like that but clearly it is when a club is willing to pay that. Madness.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Exactly, the going rate which is not a bargain. A bargain is when you purchase something cheaper than usual or expected.

I want to say that's not even the going rate for a player like that but clearly it is when a club is willing to pay that. Madness.

Football is run by the TV companies paying huge sums to the Premier League and you won’t change that.  

Maybe Liverpool should have signed Keogh for a bargain price but is he good enough for them !

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Football is run by the TV companies paying huge sums to the Premier League and you won’t change that.  

Maybe Liverpool should have signed Keogh for a bargain price but is he good enough for them !

Well if they think he’s good enough and it turns out he is then he would be a bargain…

Archived