Keogh is Igor

Gypsy Ram

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Keogh is not fit to lick Igor's boots there are lots of players in Derby's history his not close too.

However has a past critic and quite rightly so,  he has improved his game this season cut out the mistakes and improved his decision making.My biggest criticism was he repeated the same errors over and over never seeming to learn and blaming others for them.All this has changed this season and I think alot has to do with Rowett and having Davies next to him.

I have read these kind of posts every season for the last 4 years on Keogh. Cut out the mistakes, looks better with Buxton, Shackell, Pearce, Davies etc next to him, down to Clement, Pearson, Powell, McClaren, Rowett etc.

15 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'd love us to get promoted with Keogh as captain. The absolute rubbish he had to put up with from a load of Derby fans after Wembley and ever since was criminal. 

They should all be ashamed of themselves but I doubt they have the required self awareness to undersrand why they look so stupid.

I seem to remember some members of this forum (who shall remain nameless) said that we would never get promoted with Keogh playing in defence. We'll see if they come round by the end of the season.

6 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Dare I say he's better? 

You can say it, but you'd be wrong.

I like Keogh, I think he's probably the best C.B. in the Championship and better than many in the Premier League. He has great heart and not a little talent, But better than Igor? Just no.

I think the standard of football overall has improved, and as such I'm open to the idea that Keogh is better than Igor.

Having said that, I'm not really a fan of comparing players in quality to players who played different eras of football, so I'll stick with them being their own, very very good, individual selves.

Keogh's the best defender we've had since Igor, at the very least. I've been saying that every season.

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Keogh is not fit to lick Igor's boots there are lots of players in Derby's history his not close too.

However has a past critic and quite rightly so,  he has improved his game this season cut out the mistakes and improved his decision making.My biggest criticism was he repeated the same errors over and over never seeming to learn and blaming others for them.All this has changed this season and I think alot has to do with Rowett and having Davies next to him.

Have to disagree I'm afraid.

Keogh hasn’t become a good player overnight, he has always been an excellent player. He made a couple of mistakes yesterday by the way but the supporter’s mindset has now changed so any error is not commented on.

He has been the sole defender over the past few years to put his neck on the block, been fully committed and never hid in endeavouring to make up for the poor management and set of the team. Furthermore, he is fully entailed as captain to be critical of other players if they are doing third jobs or pulling their weight. It’s his job after all. 

No ,,,,,,,, he is keough ,, all the excuses being given for undertaking him now are funny ,, he's cut out the mistakes ? He's got Davies ? He's not captain so he can concentrate on his own game? 

its very simple ,he a very decent centre half ,, he was playing in a side that when in flow was great to watch but often left the centre halfs exposed and trying to cover so much space and needing to make desperate last ditch tackles , now we have the whole team better drilled , far more disciplined ,less naive and defending as a unit he looks like a centre half should ,, 

2 hours ago, Pearson said:

Have to disagree I'm afraid.

Keogh hasn’t become a good player overnight, he has always been an excellent player. He made a couple of mistakes yesterday by the way but the supporter’s mindset has now changed so any error is not commented on.

He has been the sole defender over the past few years to put his neck on the block, been fully committed and never hid in endeavouring to make up for the poor management and set of the team. Furthermore, he is fully entailed as captain to be critical of other players if they are doing third jobs or pulling their weight. It’s his job after all. 

Keogh's current form possibly makes him one of the better central defenders in the league but he is  only ever going to be that at this level a good centre half.At a higher level his limitations like lots of good players at this level will be exposed....Bobby Davison is a case in point and I loved Bobby.

His commitment I do not not question however at times that has led to him making the mistakes he gets criticised for when he needed a calmer head.

You are right has captain he is entitled to criticize and praise others in the correct moments it is something he has improved on this season.But he had a habit of trying to deflect blame from himself when in the wrong but like I said he has improved his captaincy  this year.

19 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Probably as good,certainly as important to us.

Keogh’s better with the ball at his feet?

Igor had more of a presence though,he just had this aura of greatness and authority.

You wouldn’t want to have a scrap with Igor either,I’d fancy my chances against Keogh because you could trick him.

Step - over then a turn inside followed by a left hook?

Yes. Well before this season his runs forward was because we tryed to play everthing down the middle which was very congested and easy to defend against. Especially given we had a team of central midfield players and no deep threat or chance of a more direct longer pass. Igor was better with the ball at his feet in that he stepped in occasionally just to beat one man to give him timwe to play a through ball or a switching diagonal. Whilst not quite Cyrus Christie, sometimes Keogh just puts his donkey head down and runs with no idea what to do next. You wouldnt say that about Igor.

Archived