Keogh is Igor

Gypsy Ram

As usual, out come the rose tinted spectacles when past players are discussed. Igor was a great for a while and for as long as it suited him. I lost some respect for him when he couldn’t be bothered to put performances in. Keogh doesn’t have Igor’s ability but he gives you heart and soul every match-the same couldn’t be said of Igor.

Of course, it’s all about opinions so for the record, since my Ram’s watching days started in 1958 or 1959, the best DerbyCounty player, in my opinion , was Colin Todd

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Totally different players for me, Keogh good with the ball at his feet, likes to take the ball forward, reminds me a lot more of Mark Wright as a defender.

This is it for me. Wright was the best centrehalf in England when playing for us and criminally underrated. But when Bobby Robson was forced to put him in the England team, we got to the World Cup semifinals! Both are sweepers and excellent at carrying the ball forward, often instigating our attacks. I think Keogh would thrive in the Premier League.

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Yes. Well before this season his runs forward was because we tryed to play everthing down the middle which was very congested and easy to defend against.

Especially given we had a team of central midfield players and no deep threat or chance of a more direct longer pass.

Bucko and George

Igor was better with the ball at his feet in that he stepped in occasionally just to beat one man to give him timwe to play a through ball or a switching diagonal.

Whilst not quite Cyrus Christie, sometimes Keogh just puts his donkey head down and runs with no idea what to do next. You wouldnt say that about Igor.

The idea is to create an angle and play a pass to a midfielder that’s being blocked off by the press. 

5 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Yes. Well before this season his runs forward was because we tryed to play everthing down the middle which was very congested and easy to defend against. Especially given we had a team of central midfield players and no deep threat or chance of a more direct longer pass. Igor was better with the ball at his feet in that he stepped in occasionally just to beat one man to give him timwe to play a through ball or a switching diagonal. Whilst not quite Cyrus Christie, sometimes Keogh just puts his donkey head down and runs with no idea what to do next. You wouldnt say that about Igor.

What do you mean by donkey head? Sounds very insulting.

Unfair comparison in many ways. Different era, different players. I can see why the comparison is being made though.

Igor was an arrogant leader. Keogh is more of an in the trenches leader.

Igor was probably a bit more physically dominant and although composed on the ball, Keogh has better attacking strengths.

Both excellent and stand out at this level. Keogh has been at Champ level for a while but he definitely has the game to perform in the prem.

I seriously hope he can keep this form up.

Archived