Keogh is Igor

Gypsy Ram

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Keogh has been fantastic all season. 

Solidity of Curtis Davies and either of Chris Baird or Andre Wisdom, allow him to shine. Long may it continue.

Your such a bore Keogh had been amazing for years. And finally we have a bunch of players that he doesn't have to cover for. The guy is Derby county. He's already a legend. 

Probably as good,certainly as important to us.

Keogh’s better with the ball at his feet?

Igor had more of a presence though,he just had this aura of greatness and authority.

You wouldn’t want to have a scrap with Igor either,I’d fancy my chances against Keogh because you could trick him.

Keogh will never be Igor!! Best player I’ve seen wear a derby shirt, world class! Keogh isn’t world class!

However....Keogh in some respects is more reliable than Igor as plays a damn sight more games. But more importantly, Keogh is the best centre half since we were relegated in 2002, he’s vital to this team and I agree with Rowett, he is without question the best ball playing centre half in the championship.

Quality performer at this level for many years, when he eventually finishes his Derby career he’ll be a legend and rightly so!

Keogh is not fit to lick Igor's boots there are lots of players in Derby's history his not close too.

However has a past critic and quite rightly so,  he has improved his game this season cut out the mistakes and improved his decision making.My biggest criticism was he repeated the same errors over and over never seeming to learn and blaming others for them.All this has changed this season and I think alot has to do with Rowett and having Davies next to him.

19 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Keogh is not fit to lick Igor's boots there are lots of players in Derby's history his not close too.

However has a past critic and quite rightly so,  he has improved his game this season cut out the mistakes and improved his decision making.My biggest criticism was he repeated the same errors over and over never seeming to learn and blaming others for them.All this has changed this season and I think alot has to do with Rowett and having Davies next to him.

Bit harsh on Keogh. Igor was an incredible defender and proved it at Premier League level. Keogh has been a quality championship defender. Also I must have missed the bits where he made loads of mistakes and blamed others? This season he has been quality though, although he has been our best defender for the past 2 or 3 seasons anyway. If Derby reach the Premier League and Keogh puts in quality performances every week, then comparisons with Igor can be made. Until then, we can say he is one of the better defenders we've had at second tier level in recent memory at least, however Stimac was the best defender we have had within last 20 years or more perhaps. 

Archived