Blackpool & the Oystons

They could finally be on their way out after what has to be one of the most vindictive spells of ownership I have seen, actively pulling money out of the club, lawsuits against fans on message boards and assorted other rubbish.

"Valeri Belokon has won his bitter High Court battle with the Oyston family over the running of Blackpool FC.

The Latvian businessman, a minor shareholder in the League One club through his company VB Assets, brought the action against the Oystons alleging that they had shown unfair prejudice against shareholders.

They will now, as per the judgement, complete a "financial buyout" of Belokon's share, which amounts to £31.27m, plus pay interest and costs"

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11728/11116544/oyston-family-owners-of-blackpool-fc-ordered-to-pay-valeri-belokon-more-than-31m

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you own a football club if he fans hate you. It’s weird to vindictively own a football club. It’s not a good business decision to own a football club, so surely the super rich mainly do it as a folly, a bit of fun and an ego boost, so they can have things like Fawaz Day. 

Unless one of us was to buy forest, purely to run it vindictively. That actually sounds like good fun, if I was super rich.  

17 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Yes, I am referring to convicted rapist Owen Oyston and his son. 

Im not sure if ive quite got it, do you mean Karl Oyston and his father Owen who is a convicted rapist?

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Why would you own a football club if he fans hate you. 

I genuinely believe they are holding on to the club out of spite and that because it is the only thing that gives them power over the blackpool fans. 

I think once the club has been sold or the oystons booted out they will fear reprisals from thousands of very angry B;aclpool fans who now have nothing to be threatened with.

6 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I'm not reading this as the Oystons are giving up Blackpool. It looks like this Latvian fella has got a windfall £31m but they are still the owners.

Are they selling the club to fund the settlement? where does it say this?

their assets are frozen until a payment plan is agreed. So it could mean selling the club or selling other businesses.

52 minutes ago, dog said:

Since most of the fylde is now boycotting their once lucrative estate agency this might get interesting 

I saw a few of their boards when I was up there the other week end, I was surprised people used them.

Archived