Derby County V Sheffield Wednesday

peachmyster

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unchanged unless injury forced for me , players are starting to get some stability around what it takes to get the shirt and keep it and what it takes to force your way into the side once you get your chance ,, all very healthy competition and reward for performances ,, 

the attitude and application appears to be going in the right direction and with that ingredient starting to come into the equation you ( well me anyway) start to look at our squad and think we are pretty strong

8 hours ago, Colm said:

rumours carlos has been sacked as wednesday manager, wonder how their players will react on saturday if it's true

I heard the same this morning. Rumour was the Leeds game was make or break but they won it but although he seems respected as a man he has frustrated with the style of play and less than average results. .. Was told Alladyce or Krankjar are in the frame. 

My wendies mate talks about their play and it sounds like us when we talked about Paul Clement. 

Uncertainty is great but then again if he goes there is always that dreaded no manager bounce.   :mellow:

I wasn’t that impressed with the performance against Florist but in those games it’s about the result and we got it. I hope it gave us belief moving forward. 

Wednesday are in terrible form, unrest at Hillsborough, no Forestieri (or Butters :ph34r:) and we (whilst struggling) are unbeaten in four games. 

Nailed on away win then. :D

I would personally drop Huddlestone. I don’t rate him. Would prefer Johnson in there for his power against their feeble midfield. We should run over them in there, and they have no width. My only fear is Hooper up front really. Deadly. 

Looking forward to it. Play well in this one and the corner might well have been turned.

23 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Posting an unchanged side after a win is almost a statement.

Having Martin, Johnson and Thorne on the bench is a great comfort.

Russell and Nugent do all the running to apply pressure and help the team defend from the front.

When they are knackered your flair players (and Johnson) can provide fresh impetus.

I agree.

Martin and Nugent are getting on a bit in football terms and I honestly think we will see them both used sparingly, by that I mean neither is going to play a full game or start every game.

Please,please,please can we win this.

Really don’t want the other half of Sheffield having bragging rights after that shambles at Bramall Lane.

The Wendies have been struggling a bit but don’t underestimate them.

Bannan and Lee in midfield could be all over us.

I’ll take a 1-0 with less than 10% possession for this game only.

Wednesday dont score many, nor concede many away from home.

Expect a tight contest.

I think we will nick it 1-0.

Wednesday fans all seem to want Carvalho out. So it would be good if we could score early and really turn their fans against their team.

They havent won at derby in Donkeys years!
Recent form has us getting 10 points from the last 12 at PPS.

Their recent away form says they havent won since around the time we lost to Wolves.

19 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Wednesday dont score many, nor concede many away from home.

Expect a tight contest.

I think we will nick it 1-0.

Wednesday fans all seem to want Carvalho out. So it would be good if we could score early and really turn their fans against their team.

They havent won at derby in Donkeys years!
Recent form has us getting 10 points from the last 12 at PPS.

Their recent away form says they havent won since around the time we lost to Wolves.

Hey he may be getting on but he's a great defender.

Archived