Ikechi Anya

Harrowram

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/6/2017 at 06:15, Harrowram said:

How come he can get into Scotland's starting 11 but isn't considered good enough for our matchday 18?

Simple answer is, he probably should be in the match day 18 or even starting some games, based on application and ability. Presumably GR doesn't rate Anya. He's the manager and he inherited the player, so that's his prerogative. 

11 minutes ago, europia said:

Simple answer is, he probably should be in the match day 18 or even starting some games, based on application and ability. Presumably GR doesn't rate Anya. He's the manager and he inherited the player, so that's his prerogative. 

Yep, live by the sword, die by the sword.

I'd quite like to see him employed on the right wing with Lawrence on the left. He's good at beating his man, getting to the byline and getting a cross in. We have been obsessed with 'inside forwards' cutting in ever since it worked with Ward/Russell. They certainly have a place - Lawrence would be better suited to playing that game - but I still think there is a place for a more traditional winger.

I'm told on good authority that as part of the payment terms agreed when he signs, we have to pay Watford  a certain amount every time Anya plays. So unless he's a world beater we can't do without, which he isn't, there seems little point in playing him.

20 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

I'm told on good authority that as part of the payment terms agreed when he signs, we have to pay Watford  a certain amount every time Anya plays. So unless he's a world beater we can't do without, which he isn't, there seems little point in playing him.

Well that was probably a stupid deal to make........who signed that off :ermm:

20 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Not on top of the supposed £4m transfer fee surely?

On 10/8/2017 at 18:14, VulcanRam said:

Sounds ridiculous, and therefore totally believable....

Sounds like a good deal in hindsight. Means we don't pay the full £4 million lol.

i hate the ridiculous clauses in transfers these days. Fifa should impose strict rules.

- one off fee payable immediately

- selling on fee/%

Forgot everything else.

Archived