Replacing Gary....a hypothetical question

Didn't want to be the one to start this one but I'm surprised I'm the first to ask the question...

Should it occur,who is available to take the big job on and out of them,who would be most suited to getting our squad to play the derby way?

not the rowett way,not the Pearson or Clement way,the derby way.

No debating on whether it's necessary or fair or any other moral debates just name the manager who is available/potentially available and why.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about that bloke who was sexually harrassing the women's football team, or whatever it was.

its about the only thing we haven't tried - playing a few women to mix it up a bit.

I never really understood why we went to such great lengths to appoint Rowett in the first place.

It was a trendy, en vogue appointment rather than one with much logic attached to it, especially if promotion was the goal.

People are saying he needs time and this season is a free hit. After Pearson left, the remainder of last season was supposed to be a free hit for McClaren and look what happened there!

Mel is not a changed man. Let's not kid ourselves, this is a stay of execution for Rowett and the moment Mel stumbles across a manager he thinks can do better with the cards dealt, Rowett will be gone.

At the moment, Rowett is making Bruce at Villa look semi-competent. It's that bad.

42 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Didn't want to be the one to start this one but I'm surprised I'm the first to ask the question...

Should it occur,who is available to take the big job on and out of them,who would be most suited to getting our squad to play the derby way?

not the rowett way,not the Pearson or Clement way,the derby way.

No debating on whether it's necessary or fair or any other moral debates just name the manager who is available/potentially available and why.

Karanka

Pardew

MIke Phelan

Donald J Trump

in that order

Whilst I don't advocate replacing GR, there's only one man with a proven track record of getting an improved performance from existing underperforming squads in this division without wholesale changes - Neil Warnock.

He's obviously not going to upsticks from a table topping side to us though.

£2million a year last  throw of the dice attempt anyone?.....

Frank de boar - won league titles with Ajax, went to inter Milan so Derby is a club he could handle quite easily. 

So ok , c.palace didn't work but I liked the style of play and he had 5 games. Never enough, however we got to act quick as deportivo in Spain are making moves for him and they are a big club. 

Only a suggestion! 

17 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I never really understood why we went to such great lengths to appoint Rowett in the first place.

It was a trendy, en vogue appointment rather than one with much logic attached to it, especially if promotion was the goal.

People are saying he needs time and this season is a free hit. After Pearson left, the remainder of last season was supposed to be a free hit for McClaren and look what happened there!

Mel is not a changed man. Let's not kid ourselves, this is a stay of execution for Rowett and the moment Mel stumbles across a manager he thinks can do better with the cards dealt, Rowett will be gone.

At the moment, Rowett is making Bruce at Villa look semi-competent. It's that bad.

Ironically, the results dipped under McClaren because he tried to get us playing possession football again. It just didn't suit BJ, Butters, Bent or Pearce. 

He went up in my estimations because of the fact he had us grinding out wins rather than trying to implement the football straight away.

Archived