Brentford V Derby County

peachmyster

Lots of people thinking we are going to lose this one. What happened to "these are the sort of teams we should be beating" arrogance. We'll never get out of this league if we don't think we have a divine right to get promoted. It may even lead to supporters not booing if we fail to win a match.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Sort of looking forward to this.. One of the few games I can have a proper drink at.. 

They will be strong and my phone will be receiving many texts from gloating Bees. 

At least I can drink to dull the 90 mins away.

Am I right in thinking they dont have a bar or serve alcohol to away fans though? Don't think they did last season, I'll have a few cans on my way from bermondsey.. just in case!

6 hours ago, Jourdan said:

-We will revert to a midfield three and Ledley will be rushed into the team.

-Martin will replace Nugent.

-Wisdom will replace Baird.

-Winnall will remain an impact player.

-Vydra and Lawrence will be shoehorned into the team because one is our only goal threat and the other our only source of creativity.

-We will set up to stop the opposition and fail.

Think that’s probably pretty much spot on...

We have the players to win this comfortably but only if the formation works, the team works hard and we can pass quickly and accurately. These are aspects which have been lacking. Players who were heroes three or four matches ago are now being treated as pariahs.

I still think that we are more than capable of going on extended win runs once confidence is established. 

We have to sort out who we want upfront because Rowett's three plus Nugent or two plus Martin and Winnall reflects uncertainty.

1 hour ago, Colm said:

Am I right in thinking they dont have a bar or serve alcohol to away fans though? Don't think they did last season, I'll have a few cans on my way from bermondsey.. just in case!

Not much in the ground and you might be right about the away end. Can't remember buying a beer in there but the nearest pub is about 50 yards from the away entrance. Tuesday might be different as they are having an Oktoberfest night with German beer.

You can drink up to about 10 mins from kick off, then straight in.

On 9/24/2017 at 10:58, David said:

You think he would start with 2 players in midfield that haven't played 90 minutes of first team football in months? 

Luckily, the FA started allowing 2 substitutions recently - 1988, and it was increased to 3 in 1995! We're covered.

On 24/09/2017 at 12:08, David said:

Not sure why I'm even thinking this but old fashioned 4-4-2, basic stuff that every footballer should be able to understand what their role is. 

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Olsson

Anya  Huddlestone  Johnson  Lawrence

Vydra

Martin  

Behind Deeney is where Vydra shined, was apparently excited to playing behind Martin when he arrived to see him leave not long after. We haven't seen it yet fully, why not? Winnall? Good call, would like to see him more but this Vydra and Martin scratch needs itching so bad just to see. 

Anya was part of that Watford side, as much as I have defended Weimann he hasn't been doing it for us the last couple of games going forward. Anya will run all day long, offer protection at the back for the tank when he rolls forward. More of a natural fit at RM than a player that likes to play behind the striker.

Lawrence, 4-4-2 will be in him after his spell under McCarthy, back on the left allowing him to cut in on that right foot.

The rest? what else could you do. Everytime I hear Baird mentioned as DM I cringe, you can't expect Ledley to start a game having played 0 football since early June. Needs to come on at some point though, needs half hour to get some football in his legs.

Guy, Bird? Maybe, prefer to bring youngsters into a side playing with confidence, not one that still isn't sure what it's doing and scrapping for points.

Forsyth? Hard to know what's happened to him, hasn't looked right since coming back, question marks over fitness?

Russell not worth thinking about in your internet dream team until Rowett reveals what has happened.

What was your response to me after I posted this?

:whistle:

7 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Not much in the ground and you might be right about the away end. Can't remember buying a beer in there but the nearest pub is about 50 yards from the away entrance. Tuesday might be different as they are having an Oktoberfest night with German beer.

You can drink up to about 10 mins from kick off, then straight in.

You're such a lush !

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

................Carson................

Wisdom.....Keogh.....Davies....Olsson

.................Huddlestone.....Ledley........

Lawrence...........Vydra...... ...Johnson 

..........................Winnall......................

I like this lineup but I'd try to force Thorne in for Hudds and I'd move Baird over to LB. Even more grit away.

44 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

.......................Carson.......................

Wisdom.....Keogh.....Davies....Olsson

......Ledley........

......Huddlestone.........Johnson........

Lawrence..................................Vydra

..........................Winnall......................

A small adjustment. ;)

Carson

wisdom.    Keogh.       Davies.       Ollson

Ledley.        Hudds.      Johnson

Lawrence

Winall.        Vydra

mitchell Thorne nuge Martin Pearce Baird Bennett

Archived