Brentford V Derby County

peachmyster

Just now, Millenniumram said:

He wants 3 in midfield away, he’s gonna have to start at least one, and Huddlestone moves like he hasn’t played in months anyway.

When did he say that? We started out with 4-3-3 but that didn't last long, since that it's been 4-2-3-1 with a shift to 4-4-2 bringing Martin and Winnall on. 

If he want's 3 in midfield the transfer window looks even more odd.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh Davies Olsson 

Huddlestone  Johnson 

Russell Vydra Lawrence 

Martin 

Subs 

Mitchell Baird Nugent Winnall Bennett Ledley Anya 

Nugent Winnall and Ledley to come on in the 2nd half. 

1 minute ago, David said:

When did he say that? We started out with 4-3-3 but that didn't last long, since that it's been 4-2-3-1 with a shift to 4-4-2 bringing Martin and Winnall on. 

If he want's 3 in midfield the transfer window looks even more odd.

After the Bristol game he said that we may need 3 in midfield away to get a bit more of a grip on the game. I agree with him in that sense but think he’s dropped a major b******* letting so many midfielders go and not bringing more in, we’re still 2 short imo of having a squad capable of switching to that formation. His after match comments on Saturday Indicated a change in formation too, though he may have realised the issue and that may be a switch to 442 Tbf.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

After the Bristol game he said that we may need 3 in midfield away to get a bit more of a grip on the game. I agree with him in that sense but think he’s dropped a major b******* letting so many midfielders go and not bringing more in, we’re still 2 short imo of having a squad capable of switching to that formation. His after match comments on Saturday Indicated a change in formation too, though he may have realised the issue and that may be a switch to 442 Tbf.

Thanks, didn't hear that. Strange.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Carson

wisdom keogh davies olsson

.          Huddlestone

Lawrence.  Vydra.  Russell 

.       Martin.  Winnall

Christ that's attacking. Could potetionally work though if Ledley played in front if the back four instead of Huddlestone. 

Personally for this game I'd go. 

Carson 

Wisdom   Keogh Davies  Ollson 

Ledley  Huddlestone 

Lawrence    Vydra      Bennett

Winnall 

4 changes , rest Baird, drop Johnson and drop Nugent and Weimann 

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth

Johnson Huddlestone

Lawrence Vydra Bennett

Winnalll

Reward the players who did well off the bench and look to make changes where players have been poor recently, nothing drastic.

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth

Ledley  Johnson

Lawrence       Vydra      Russell

Winnall

Bench: Mitchell, Baird, Huddlestone, Anya, Weimann, Martin, Nugent

Need to be as mobile as we can away from home as teams keep playing through us. I see Brentford as a team that is beatable so hence the inclusion of Vydra. I expect Winnall could do a job up top on his own Martin is a target man but lacks the mobility.

Brentford are good passers of the ball but out of sorts atm. I would get into their faces early on and make it really nasty. Its about pointa on the board unlike some i dont care how pretty it is.

Knowing our luck it will be an unchanged side :lol:

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah he did say that. It's a little odd though we seem to go back to that formation whenever a new one doesn't go to plan. We've recruited to scrap that formation but I just don't know if we are ever brace enough to let it go completely.

9 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

We were absolutely dicked by these last year under Rowett, hopefully we'll show a bit of backbone this time. 

Flood the midfield, 4-5-1. Get players close to Huddlestone, wingers supporting their fullbacks more and play on the counter. I don't see any other way. Winnall up top, whoever is going to play will be isolated I'm sure so might as well go with someone who is a nuisance. I like Nuge but he's not giving us much at the moment, change it up. 

Unless a few of our big players put in a big performance I can't see us getting anything. Lawrence/Vydra I'm looking at you. 

Mr Gibbs your right we were dicked last year and if we go with only two recognised midfielders exactly the same will happen again I expect Ryan Woods to run the midfield again this lad can play Sawyers to take Olson to the cleaners Hope imwrong because myself and the wife are going but we will have to play a lot better than we are to get anything out of this game  Winnall must start  

9 hours ago, David said:

Not sure why I'm even thinking this but old fashioned 4-4-2, basic stuff that every footballer should be able to understand what their role is. 

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Olsson

Anya  Huddlestone  Johnson  Lawrence

Vydra

Martin  

Behind Deeney is where Vydra shined, was apparently excited to playing behind Martin when he arrived to see him leave not long after. We haven't seen it yet fully, why not? Winnall? Good call, would like to see him more but this Vydra and Martin scratch needs itching so bad just to see. 

Anya was part of that Watford side, as much as I have defended Weimann he hasn't been doing it for us the last couple of games going forward. Anya will run all day long, offer protection at the back for the tank when he rolls forward. More of a natural fit at RM than a player that likes to play behind the striker.

Lawrence, 4-4-2 will be in him after his spell under McCarthy, back on the left allowing him to cut in on that right foot.

The rest? what else could you do. Everytime I hear Baird mentioned as DM I cringe, you can't expect Ledley to start a game having played 0 football since early June. Needs to come on at some point though, needs half hour to get some football in his legs.

Guy, Bird? Maybe, prefer to bring youngsters into a side playing with confidence, not one that still isn't sure what it's doing and scrapping for points.

Forsyth? Hard to know what's happened to him, hasn't looked right since coming back, question marks over fitness?

Russell not worth thinking about in your internet dream team until Rowett reveals what has happened.

If played with two central midfielders, the other just couldn't be Huddlestone. Johnson would be overrun being there by himself.

-We will revert to a midfield three and Ledley will be rushed into the team.

-Martin will replace Nugent.

-Wisdom will replace Baird.

-Winnall will remain an impact player.

-Vydra and Lawrence will be shoehorned into the team because one is our only goal threat and the other our only source of creativity.

-We will set up to stop the opposition and fail.

Archived