What if McClaren had never been sacked ?

RiddingsRam

10 hours ago, cannable said:

Billionaire backed Bournemouth. 

He's spent £34,000,000 on Ibe, Cook, Mousset and Mings and they're being kept out of the side by 30 somethings. What's he waiting for? If they're not good enough now they're not going to be so they're either poor buys or he doesn't have the bottle.

He's flat out wasted money on the likes of Grabban, Tomlin, Iturbe, Wiggins, Brad Smith and Marc Wilson. £17,000,000 there on under 25 league appearances.

His only real bargain since promotion has been Josh King. 

Hes stopped giving youth a chance, he's stopped picking up bargains and he's been dreadful when spending the big bucks. 

think Lewis Cook is the sort of midfielder that we should be looking at , would work well next to George and Tom

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Nothing like a sensible debate. 

Well Paul it's not a debate at all if you simply dismiss my conjectures on the performance related payment structure Mcclaren may have had in place at Newcastle - simply because you disagree with it.

8 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Well Paul it's not a debate at all if you simply dismiss my conjectures on the performance related payment structure Mcclaren may have had in place at Newcastle - simply because you disagree with it.

Of course I do. Your comments border on ridiculous. Everyone knows he was paid in brollies and rogaine.

21 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its one of the reasons i'd rather be playing decent football in the Championship instead of playing Pulisball in the prem.. 

You know something,utch, I sometimes wonder if it might be better for the League to stick 2 fingers up at a Premier League that seems to have too much influence on us and give us the thing we had years ago-four divisions,where the pinnacle was winning the first division title.Get a proper FFP back in place,with no relegated clubs to stick their oars in ,and no Championship clubs dissenting because they didn't want to be deflected from the holy grail of promotion (no longer existing).We could go back to the days of all players coming up through someone's youth system,not something that did us much harm in the good old days.Sure,the League's best players would still be cherry picked,although most Prem teams seem to like to flash the cash at expensive foreign imports. Of course,there'd be no European competition to look forward to,but who knows the Champions might eventually get a qualifying round place in the second tier competition.

I wonder how the Prem League would like it if the top places were disputed by the same old teams ,year after year,with the lack of relegation causing a collapse of interest for a lot of clubs part way through a season (apart from the quest for position payments). I for one wouldn't mind it at all- plenty of clubs around in the Championship at the moment who featured in the old First Division. Just pretend the Premier League didn't exist (I do that half the time anyway-very little interest in it).

28 minutes ago, ramblur said:

You know something,utch, I sometimes wonder if it might be better for the League to stick 2 fingers up at a Premier League that seems to have too much influence on us and give us the thing we had years ago-four divisions,where the pinnacle was winning the first division title.Get a proper FFP back in place,with no relegated clubs to stick their oars in ,and no Championship clubs dissenting because they didn't want to be deflected from the holy grail of promotion (no longer existing).We could go back to the days of all players coming up through someone's youth system,not something that did us much harm in the good old days.Sure,the League's best players would still be cherry picked,although most Prem teams seem to like to flash the cash at expensive foreign imports. Of course,there'd be no European competition to look forward to,but who knows the Champions might eventually get a qualifying round place in the second tier competition.

I wonder how the Prem League would like it if the top places were disputed by the same old teams ,year after year,with the lack of relegation causing a collapse of interest for a lot of clubs part way through a season (apart from the quest for position payments). I for one wouldn't mind it at all- plenty of clubs around in the Championship at the moment who featured in the old First Division. Just pretend the Premier League didn't exist (I do that half the time anyway-very little interest in it).

I know I'm in the minority but I have zero interest in the premier league,at least whilst we aren't in it.......

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I know I'm in the minority but I have zero interest in the premier league,at least whilst we aren't in it.....I really don't follow it,seems like a bizarre other world to me.

Sodom and Goodmorrow to me. With Barnsley now seemingly about to join the 'quest' ,and with so many now chasing too few places,transfer fees and wages are only going to rise still further (Mel was definitely right there). I can only see this all ending in tears for some.Sure,FFP means that there has to be equity introduction rather than debt, but when a rich owner throws in the towel (and,by heavens you can throw in a frightening amount of loot these days,year after year) someone else has to pick up unsustainable wage bills.Thank heavens we seem to be applying the brakes,just in time imo.

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I know I'm in the minority but I have zero interest in the premier league,at least whilst we aren't in it.....I really don't follow it,seems like a bizarre other world to me.

I wonder how small a minority it really is,though (though I know which side @curtains is on:D)

12 hours ago, Premier ram said:

think Lewis Cook is the sort of midfielder that we should be looking at , would work well next to George and Tom

£10 million?

On 17/09/2017 at 09:07, Paul71 said:

Still don't get why people think Newcastle's interest was why he got sacked. 

He publically commited to Derby at the end of the season. 

The reason we didn't get promoted was a truly horrendous run of injuries to key players.

Got sacked as Mel assumed more control and think Mel had his sights on Clement.

Shouldn't have got sacked either time.

Could not be more wrong if you tryed 

35 minutes ago, Ramet said:

Could not be more wrong if you tryed 

I'd suggest the 19 people who have liked or applauded the post agree with me....

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I'd suggest the 19 people who have liked or applauded the post agree with me....

I never realised that it was a popularity contest.

Oh, wait - yes I did.

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 09:00, NottsRam77 said:

Ask the same question re nigel clough lol

the irony is after however many managers weve been through and god knows how much cash 

we're trying to get back to having a tight kit hardworking squad ....'hmmmm 

We saw what happened when Nigel got a bit of money to spend. He spent it all on Conor Sammon

I believe that collapse which ended with us finishing 8th, having led the table 3 months earlier, showed McClaren who the poison in the dressing room was, and those poisonous players are what cost him his job, NOT Newcastle and all the peripherals. Yeah, he handled it a bit daftly by trying to be cool and bashful, but still, he didn't leave, he was sacked. Had he not been sacked, he would have invested in the side of the team that came up lacking when the going got tough, instead, those players had a reprieve, and then another, then another...

Archived