What if McClaren had never been sacked ?

RiddingsRam

*JUST TO STATE THIS IS A BIT OF FUN I AM IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM CALLING FOR MAC 3*

Just had a thought this morning and what do you think our team would look like now if Mac (the dirty swine) had never fluttered his eye lashes at Mike Ashley ? And Mac had upwards of £30 million to spend ? Just a bit of fun so cast your mind back and having think what our team may have looked like now ? 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely think we might have been in the premier league. A 10 game spell was all that was wrong in nearly 2 seasons of football. Crippled by injuries and at that time we were operating a far lower budget than where we're at today.

He had to go at the time due to the Newcastle thing but the decisions made since that point have been poor and are why we are where we are today, a mid table side that might (if everything comes together and we have a bit of luck) might flirt with the top 6

Probably would have levelled out at midtable 

He went on a freakish run with a midtable side to get to a playoff final. We slightly improved with loans and signings but we got sussed out so we'd probably be hovering around 15th with Mac still 

Could look abit like this 

Grant 

Wisdom  Keogh  Shotton  Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes           Lansbury

Ibe                                            Ince 

Martin 

Still don't get why people think Newcastle's interest was why he got sacked. 

He publically commited to Derby at the end of the season. 

The reason we didn't get promoted was a truly horrendous run of injuries to key players.

Got sacked as Mel assumed more control and think Mel had his sights on Clement.

Shouldn't have got sacked either time.

26 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

*JUST TO STATE THIS IS A BIT OF FUN I AM IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM CALLING FOR MAC 3*

Just had a thought this morning and what do you think our team would look like now if Mac (the dirty swine) had never fluttered his eye lashes at Mike Ashley?

Or even Mac2 hadn't giggled like a schoolboy, oh the shame!

We'd at least be playing exciting football and probably had our pick of young Premiership loanees. For myself I think he'd have taken us up.

First time round if he hadn't shown interest in the Newcastle job we wouldn't have fallen apart, he wouldn't have been sacked and with match winners like ince we'd have gone up imo. Don't think he'd have been able to keep us up tho, probably would have been sacked around Christmas and replaced by clement anyway, who proceeds to keep us up and establish us in the prem.

Crystal ball of millennium ram says so anyway:lol:

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

First time round if he hadn't shown interest in the Newcastle job we wouldn't have fallen apart, he wouldn't have been sacked and with match winners like ince we'd have gone up imo. Don't think he'd have been able to keep us up tho, probably would have been sacked around Christmas and replaced by clement anyway, who proceeds to keep us up and establish us in the prem.

Crystal ball of millennium ram says so anyway:lol:

I don't think you can blame it solely on the Newcastle flirting but it certainly didn't help. The injuries had an impact too. Thorne and Martin were massive losses and were paramount to Mac's system.

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

I don't think you can blame it solely on the Newcastle flirting but it certainly didn't help. The injuries had an impact too. Thorne and Martin were massive losses and were paramount to Mac's system.

And probably still are....

Agree on the injuries,they knackered the latter part of the season and with ince and bent coming in,upset the balance of the team.

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Oh yeah that certainly didn't help either, but that level of capitulation was something never seen before. We played like a relegation team at the back end of that season, it was clear something else was wrong too.

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Oh yeah that certainly didn't help either, but that level of capitulation was something never seen before. We played like a relegation team at the back end of that season, it was clear something else was wrong too.

Gets seen regularly now !!  

Archived