What if McClaren had never been sacked ?

RiddingsRam

11 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

...it is incredible that so many choose to forget that McClaren did decide to stay at Derby before being sacked.

An imaginary job interview held at BCFC

Cho Hung Paul Suen : Hi Steve, thanks for coming to the interview.

Why don’t you start by telling us about yourself? 

Steve McL : Well, I have a real passion for carpet.

In fact, I run Carpet World on the retail park 

Cho Hung Paul Suen : I thought I recognized you from somewhere.

Oh Steve, I think, I think you’ve got a small piece of sample of carpet stuck on your head… 

Steve McL : Don’t be silly you Rodney Plonker, That’s my hair island.

MY HAIR ISLAND…

1297incit7449237.gif

Lolz

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lioncoeur said:

An imaginary job interview held at BCFC

Cho Hung Paul Suen : Hi Steve, thanks for coming to the interview.

Why don’t you start by telling us about yourself? 

Steve McL : Well, I have a real passion for carpet.

In fact, I run Carpet World on the retail park 

Cho Hung Paul Suen : I thought I recognized you from somewhere.

Oh Steve, I think, I think you’ve got a small piece of sample of carpet stuck on your head… 

Steve McL : Don’t be silly you Rodney Plonker, That’s my hair island.

MY HAIR ISLAND…

1297incit7449237.gif

Lolz

A lot of effort expended for so little mirth....

5 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Can't believe we're even discussing McLaren somebody who for 6 weeks refused to say if he was going to Newcastle or not when it was obvious he had been talking to them Hes gone move on just be grateful he's not coming back 

SIGH

I can remember the exact quote mate.

"I love it here! Like it or lump it I'm staying."

That should have been the end of it. 

What if McClaren hadn't tried to be all laughy and jokey with Hughton at the Amex when we were 3 nil down and being played off the park ? Would he have been sacked after that result ? 

That game might have just gone down as a bad day at the office, much like at Bramall Lane this season, and he might have got longer, who knows ? 

McClaren/Rowett, it's a matter of opinion who is going to turn out to be the better appointment, we'll find out in due course and I wish Rowett well but I do wonder who McClaren might have bought given the opportunity. Bit of a waste of time mind but it does cross my mind when I'm sitting here on random select. 

There's a reason he's overlooked for jobs in England/Scotland.... he's just not that good!! 

The only credible managers we've got rid off, of recent, are Clough at Burton and Clement at Swansea 

The ostrich Pearson reappears in an obscure division 2 outfit in Belgium, and Jewell and the dwarf have disappeared 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I'm glad he's gone too. Those points he used to get were annoying. 

I much preferred Clement's exciting style and losing by 3 and 4 at Bristol and Brentford under Rowett. 

:lol: Very good Alpha but in fairness to Rowett, I have been quite impressed on occasions with our workrate, I was delirious in the first half against Hull, parrot sick at the aforementioned Brentford and Bristol performances and results, and you can chuck Sheffield United in there while I'm at it.

Getting the best out of Vydra should go down as a plus as well but I do have reservations about him, not quite convinced he's what we're looking for.

8 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

There's a reason he's overlooked for jobs in England/Scotland.... he's just not that good!! 

The only credible managers we've got rid off, of recent, are Clough at Burton and Clement at Swansea 

The ostrich Pearson reappears in an obscure division 2 outfit in Belgium, and Jewell and the dwarf have disappeared 

Overlooked for jobs?

England manager,Newcastle and derby not good enough for you?

As for Clough,he's a good lower division manager but better at buying players than utilising them.

Clement?....dragged the previous seasons exciting  football down to tedium week in and week out.

2 hours ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Nigel has worked at Burton Derby and Burton.

McClaren at Boro, England, Twente,  Wolfsburg, Forest, Derby, Newcastle and Derby. 

4 top flight jobs, 1 international and 2 Championship. 

All that with no credibility. Can you see Clough managing abroad and winning a title? Managing England? Or in the PL

Just now, Alpha said:

Nigel has worked at Burton Derby and Burton.

McClaren at Boro, England, Twenty, Wolfsburg, Forest, Derby, Newcastle and Derby. 

4 top flight jobs, 1 international and 2 Championship. 

All that with no credibility. Can you see Clough managing abroad and winning a title? Managing England? Or in the PL

Sheff Utd too.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Sheff Utd too.

I forget that.

I'm not knocking Nigel. I just get really bored of people talking complete s**** about Mac. 

I don't mind if people want to criticise Mac. I just mind when they don't apply the same criteria to managers they love.

People do the same with players. Different judging criteria. 

Like some people would genuinely claim the football now is better than under Mac. And it simply isn't. Not in general. 

And Wassall played some games similar to this and got murdered. Then we played a couple of great games under him and they don't get a bloody mention. 

I'm not going to knock Clement because he's still new and shiny. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I forget that.

I'm not knocking Nigel. I just get really bored of people talking complete s**** about Mac. 

I don't mind if people want to criticise Mac. I just mind when they don't apply the same criteria to managers they love.

People do the same with players. Different judging criteria. 

Like some people would genuinely claim the football now is better than under Mac. And it simply isn't. Not in general. 

And Wassall played some games similar to this and got murdered. Then we played a couple of great games under him and they don't get a bloody mention. 

I'm not going to knock Clement because he's still new and shiny. 

I think both clough and mcclaren were sacked unfairly. Clough built a fantastic foundation for us to take a leap forward even if maybe he wasnt the man to take that leap forward, our constant changing managers has seen that foundation eroded.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I think both clough and mcclaren were sacked unfairly. Clough built a fantastic foundation for us to take a leap forward even if maybe he wasnt the man to take that leap forward, our constant changing managers has seen that foundation eroded.

Definitely feel that we've ruined any sort of building with each change. Clough to Mac to Clement was ok. It was Wassall to Pearson to Mac to Rowett that has given us an identity crisis. 

I don't care who is manager. I'm not that arsed about what league we're in. Just want to enjoy football matches. 

Only get mardy when people say things that aren't fair. :lol:

If you could rewind to when that FT whistle went v Forest in 2013... where would you stop and start again from? For me it would be the end of 14/15 season and I'd keep Mac. 

I imagine most will say when Rowett walked in.

Archived