peachmyster

14 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Shackell   Ollson

Baird

Huddlestone   Johnson

Vydra                                Lawrence

Martin

I don't actually know who played badly or who deserves to be dropped but in the interests of taking defensive pressure away from Huddlestone, and getting Johnson further forward without asking him to be a winger - how about something like this?

Yuck!

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate these games. Managerless team, on the ropes. Our team a bit shell shocked and under pressure. It's a flipping lottery.

all the planning, strategy and game plans are just a bunch of notes of a fag packet. It's all about the buzz and karma on the day. 

If the lads wake up having slept well and are up for it then it's a cruise. If not then the wrist slashers will be out in force. :blink:

On 9/17/2017 at 17:13, Carl Sagan said:

Rowett rewarded the team that beat Hull 5-0 with a midweek rest and all 11 starting the following weekend. We know he wants a consistent 11 and if the team keeps winning this is all well and good and to be commended. The flipside is that the players have to know there will be consequences if the team plays badly and that people will not keep their places. There can be no second chances here because what we are doing is trying to build consistency. It's no good saying "we have to do that in every game" and when the players don't, give them another opportunity in the next one. They have to learn that they automatically lose their place if they don't perform.

Significant changes must come against Birmingham. Otherwise, what's the point of the other players not in the team working hard all week to try to force their way in? Why should they bother?

I haven't seen or heard the game. I just know that we were 0-1 up at half-time with the BBC reporter saying Derby had Carson to thank for it and should be losing, and then that we ended up 4-1. On that basis I would pick Carson but I leave the rest to others who watched. But I'd hope to see something like 4-6 changes.

Absolutely correct. There have to be consequences for failure...as far as GR is able to manouvre...so I too would expect to see changes to the defence and midfield and attack. I'd bring in Shackell and Forsyth, and Martin and Russell, and give Thorne  start. Part of the issue though is not about effort, it's structural (ie midfield balance and ball-winning). So GR has some real problems to solve...of his own making though. 

I want to give that a like Ellafella because it is pretty accurate from a pure football POV, but I don't reckon the "of his own making" is quite right. He didn't get his desired scrapping midfielder in Keith and the transfer market and funds issue is pretty hazy and not in his control . I'll bet he isn't happy about the balance of his squad and wouldn't have structured the ins and outs quite the way they have panned out.

going out on a limb ... No more than 2 changes and the lads will respond. We might just win this and play well to confound the doubters.

get your happy clappy hat on, she'll be right cobber, no worries. .... Lots of jolly folk with guitars singing "what a friend we have in Vydra" 

12 hours ago, jono said:

I want to give that a like Ellafella because it is pretty accurate from a pure football POV, but I don't reckon the "of his own making" is quite right. He didn't get his desired scrapping midfielder in Keith and the transfer market and funds issue is pretty hazy and not in his control . I'll bet he isn't happy about the balance of his squad and wouldn't have structured the ins and outs quite the way they have panned out.

going out on a limb ... No more than 2 changes and the lads will respond. We might just win this and play well to confound the doubters.

get your happy clappy hat on, she'll be right cobber, no worries. .... Lots of jolly folk with guitars singing "what a friend we have in Vydra" 

Beautifully put Jono. But a team who've got Carsley and Paul Williams at the helm who can make a name for themselves...and a team who haven't won for 6 games with a string of multi-million pound signings...who reputedly played Leeds off the park the other day, against Rowett, who Birmingham fired unfathomably when on the threshold of promotion, whose team pulverised Norwich 5-0 then waved a white flag 2nd half and shipped 4 goals at Bristol City....and me...in a girls' school dormitory...at midnight...with my reputation.....?

....it's got 0-0 written all over it. 

Referee Roger East is in charge. Here's his record when officiating us: http://www.worldfootball.net/referee_summary/roger-east/derby-county/4/

He almost never books our players at home, but dishes out lots of cards to us away (1 yellow in 4 home games and 18 yellows and 1 red in 7 away games).

Suggests to me that he's influenced by the crowd, so make some noise!

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Referee Roger East is in charge. Here's his record when officiating us: http://www.worldfootball.net/referee_summary/roger-east/derby-county/4/

He almost never books our players at home, but dishes out lots of cards to us away (1 yellow in 4 home games and 18 yellows and 1 red in 7 away games).

Suggests to me that he's influenced by the crowd, so make some noise!

Brilliant insight Carl....or maybe we're just dirty barstewards away from home. 

I am though inclined to agree with you...we should definitely get on his case singing, "whose the barsteward in the dawn-dew blue".

We seemed to bounce back pretty well from the defeat to Sheff U, so no reason why we can't do it again.

One bad result away from home doesn't mean we need to change half the team - it smacks of panic, indecisiveness and lack of conviction and courage. You can't just drop a whole bunch of players for one bad game, thats hardly the way to instill confidence and belief in players and encourage them to do their best - its more likely to create a fear factor with the overriding instinct being not to make a mistake, or else they're 'out'.

And its not as if the second 11 covered themselves in glory when playing Barnsley's second string and demanded  starting places in the first team

The issue that we have is that we are a pretty lightweight team, with very little 'bite'. Not such an issue at home but horribly exposed away. And thats up to GR to sort by looking carefully at our set up away from home. 

For Birmingham I would bring Wisdom back in (he's a winner and physical) , start with Martin (so is he)  and consider giving some game time to Thorne/Guy/Bird to try to sort out the midfield issue over time.

Carson
Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth
         Huddlestone Johnson
Russell        Vydra      Lawrence
                   Martin

Mitchell, Baird, Thorne, Weimann, Bennett, Nugent, Winnall

Add some strength at the back and push for a clean sheet. Plenty of firepower up front. Give Russell a game with Martin to link up with in his preferred position.

1 hour ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Carson
         Huddlestone Johnson
                   Martin

Add some strength at the back and push for a clean sheet. Plenty of firepower up front. Give Russell a game with Martin to link up with in his preferred position.

I like the team, but think Wisdom for Baird will be the only change.

7 hours ago, BobbyD said:

We seemed to bounce back pretty well from the defeat to Sheff U, so no reason why we can't do it again.

One bad result away from home doesn't mean we need to change half the team - it smacks of panic, indecisiveness and lack of conviction and courage. You can't just drop a whole bunch of players for one bad game, thats hardly the way to instill confidence and belief in players and encourage them to do their best - its more likely to create a fear factor with the overriding instinct being not to make a mistake, or else they're 'out'.

And its not as if the second 11 covered themselves in glory when playing Barnsley's second string and demanded  starting places in the first team

The issue that we have is that we are a pretty lightweight team, with very little 'bite'. Not such an issue at home but horribly exposed away. And thats up to GR to sort by looking carefully at our set up away from home. 

For Birmingham I would bring Wisdom back in (he's a winner and physical) , start with Martin (so is he)  and consider giving some game time to Thorne/Guy/Bird to try to sort out the midfield issue over time.

I like the calm considered sentiment but Thorne is ill with a virus & lasted 20 minutes for the Under 23's last night and Bird / Guy are far too naive yet to start. And what about Sheffield U away? Wasn't that a poor outcome too? 

13 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Beautifully put Jono. But a team who've got Carsley and Paul Williams at the helm who can make a name for themselves...and a team who haven't won for 6 games with a string of multi-million pound signings...who reputedly played Leeds off the park the other day, against Rowett, who Birmingham fired unfathomably when on the threshold of promotion, whose team pulverised Norwich 5-0 then waved a white flag 2nd half and shipped 4 goals at Bristol City....and me...in a girls' school dormitory...at midnight...with my reputation.....?

....it's got 0-0 written all over it. 

Thought it was Hull?!!

20 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Carson
         Huddlestone Johnson
                   Martin

Think that'll be a Saturday team but I'd rather keep Baird in the RB spot for now though. Thorne won't make it due illness. 

Archived