De Boer Sacked

Day

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, rustylee said:

If new manager doesn't get anything from the First game they could well be sacked with three tough games to follow.

If I had the know how I'd insert Benny Hill theme tune when he's signing..... presuming it is a he :console:

Hope Palace drop after this, simply because 4 games is no time and ultimately Parish made this decision and didn't back his conviction to change style, it's not De Boer's fault !

Of the next 4 games, Southampton at home next, the other 3 look daunting. The new manager,  Roy or whoever could have a mountain to climb!

Good luck with that Parish, the phrase reap what you sow comes to mind.

18 hours ago, SKRam said:

Brother in law is Palace man so I'll be gentle.... what is exciting (think 11 points here).... they've broken a record for zero goals in first four games. This could be our year to lose THAT record. Keep your eye on Palace, :ph34r:

That would be extremely nice but it's probably unlikely but we can hope.

there is something wrong in our football world when the likes of Crystal Palace Watford WBA Stoke Swansea  Burnley Bournemouth are firmly established in the top league over the likes of Aston Villa Sunderland the Sheffield's ourselves and even the red dogs and Leeds yes we all deserve to be where we are but it still feels wrong and I bet the premiership and TV bosses hate it.

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

there is something wrong in our football world when the likes of Crystal Palace Watford WBA Stoke Swansea  Burnley Bournemouth are firmly established in the top league over the likes of Aston Villa Sunderland the Sheffield's ourselves and even the red dogs and Leeds yes we all deserve to be where we are but it still feels wrong and I bet the premiership and TV bosses hate it.

You can hear sky sports creaming themselves at the thought of Leeds being back up. Was one nice little moment when Doncaster beat Leeds in the l1 play off years ago.

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

All those teams and our selves deserve to be where we are at the current time, through their own actions.  No team has the devine right to be in a particular division.  Fair play to the Bournemouth's & Swansea's, they've obviously done something right, whereas the likes of Sunderland have made mistake after mistake.  We'll be back where we are, when we have worked harder than the other clubs, and deserve it...

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Given that it'll be Hodgey at the helm it's unlikely indeed. After our opening 2-2 THAT year, when did we get our second point? I could search it but it's too painful..... 

It is interesting indeed the clubs you quote in top division, as we agree, all are there on merit. Bournemouth are lowest stadium capacity to play in Prem but they played some terrific football to get there so fair play to them. Considering number of larger clubs in Champ. or lower, be interesting to see viewing figures as I bet some lower league games may attract bigger audience than some Prem, in this country at least. 

I digress, let's see if Palace can go on the sort of run we had :)

Archived