Proposed changes to transfer window.

davenportram

Just reading about the proposed changes to transfer window to close before the season starts.

if this happens it could make things worse for clubs. The transfer window only determines when players can be bought. It does not stop players being sold.

on other words any club could still try to buy players after our window is shut, if players want away then clubs end up with disgruntled players at best, at worst lose players with no chance of replacing them.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Just reading about the proposed changes to transfer window to close before the season starts.

if this happens it could make things worse for clubs. The transfer window only determines when players can be bought. It does not stop players being sold.

on other words any club could still try to buy players after our window is shut, if players want away then clubs end up with disgruntled players at best, at worst lose players with no chance of replacing them.

In the current day I am surprised that a transfer window can be enforced legally anyway. If I decide to get a new job I can hand my notice in and start a new job within a set period of time as agreed in the contract with my current employer. Surely freedom of movement should apply for players too., it is just a job (very well paid in a lot of cases) afterall.

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Isn't that how it works at the moment anyway with the current deadline date? Not sure what your argument against moving the date is.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

In the current day I am surprised that a transfer window can be enforced legally anyway. If I decide to get a new job I can hand my notice in and start a new job within a set period of time as agreed in the contract with my current employer. Surely freedom of movement should apply for players too., it is just a job (very well paid in a lot of cases) afterall.

But you don't sign a contract that transfers ownership of your sporting and economic rights to your employer in exchange for silly money.

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

But you don't sign a contract that transfers ownership of your sporting and economic rights to your employer in exchange for silly money.

But that should be based on contracts put in place by the clubs (employers).

I don't see why, if two clubs, or a player agree to terminate a contract for whatever reason he shouldn't be allowed to sign a new one elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

But that should be based on contracts put in place by the clubs (employers).

I don't see why, if two clubs, or a player agree to terminate a contract for whatever reason he shouldn't be allowed to sign a new one elsewhere.

Surely he is allowed to sign for whoever he wants whenever he wants. His new club can pay a transfer fee as now and his new wages.  He just won't be allowed to play until the designated date.

Ian Holloway is bang on right about this. The transfer window is ridiculous, benefits only agents, and should be abolished. 

The old way was best.

There is already a problem with Siva's paperwork to Leicester and FIFA are stating he can't play until January:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41118927

There's now a rumour that there may be a problem with Kieftenbeld's transfer.

What do people expect when there is this ridiculous rush to complete everything late on a single evening when ins and outs are whizzing around at every club?

Surely this is good for no-one in the game?

On 9/6/2017 at 11:48, angieram said:

There is already a problem with Siva's paperwork to Leicester and FIFA are stating he can't play until January:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41118927

There's now a rumour that there may be a problem with Kieftenbeld's transfer.

What do people expect when there is this ridiculous rush to complete everything late on a single evening when ins and outs are whizzing around at every club?

Surely this is good for no-one in the game?

But the problem is, wouldn't we have exactly the same problems, along with Jim White's mass hysteria anyway, just a few weeks earlier???  Managers up & down the country have had months to lock down their squads but dither & panic at the last minutes anyway, the same will still happen regardless...

Archived