17/18 Loan Watch

California Ram.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Spanish said:

or being played in the wrong position?

We could play Bryson in any position in this team and it wouldn't make a difference. Whats the point in him getting forward if all of our strikers (and the rest of the team for that matter) are just defending the five yards around our own goal line.

Happy to see he is doing well with Cardiff though and double happy that he won't be able to play against us next game.

On 24/09/2017 at 16:18, Derbados said:

A Wednesday fan giving his opinion out of 10 on player ratings today, looks like Jacob "i cant be arsed" Butterfield is living up to his name in Yorkshire: 

"Butterfield  -  2  -  Sole contribution was to waste two corners by hitting the first man"

:lol:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spy-camp-jacob-butterfield-shining-546634

Ofcourse, we can all continue to scapegoat individual players for the demise of DCFC! But the truth is we are a weaker team now than we were a month ago! Butterfield IMO will go on to be a quality footbaler Ina quality team. Was he not good enough for Derby, to the other way round??? On recent showings for me it's the latter. 

43 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spy-camp-jacob-butterfield-shining-546634

Ofcourse, we can all continue to scapegoat individual players for the demise of DCFC! But the truth is we are a weaker team now than we were a month ago! Butterfield IMO will go on to be a quality footbaler Ina quality team. Was he not good enough for Derby, to the other way round??? On recent showings for me it's the latter. 

There's a fine line between Butterfield as a "calming influence in the midfield" versus just 'plain comatose' in the midfield

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Kellan Gordon starting for Swindon in the local derby at Cheltenham today; Timi Max Elsnik still injured (has been back at Derby this week for treatment.) 

Missed that about Elsnik. That's a shame (hope not too serious). Gordon doesn't want to spend a year on the League Two bench so needs to run Cheltenham ragged!

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Kellan Gordon starting for Swindon in the local derby at Cheltenham today; Timi Max Elsnik still injured (has been back at Derby this week for treatment.) 

2017-10-07 14.25.31.jpg

2017-10-07 14.25.57.jpg

That's some dedication following the academy so far as to go watch our U23 players at their loan clubs. I'm well impressed.

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

That's some dedication following the academy so far as to go watch our U23 players at their loan clubs. I'm well impressed.

Ticks off another ground for me! 

Not much to report so far, it might help if they gave Gordon the ball occasionally! He has played it nicely but too many return passes going astray. I can see why Elsnik is bossing their midfield when he's fit as there isn't much quality there.

Cheltenham weren't in it until they scored - good, simple goal - but they've been the better team since.

On 24/09/2017 at 14:45, Ninos said:

:angry: A sequence of clueless managers - Mcclaren Clement Pearson Mcclaren - that's why. Although in fairness to Pearson, who turned out to be a huge failure, he saw Bryson's talent but then played him in the wrong spot. You can't yo yo a player in and out your side and expect him to perform to the same high level - we did that to him.

The other thing is that we can assume that had GR known he would not get his Birmingham guy he wouldn't have let Bryson go. So you benefited from that. 

So just to be clear here, managers who did not always play Bryson are clueless, yet the manager that has loaned him to a rival you call a genius? ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived