17/18 Loan Watch

California Ram.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

A piece on Nick Blackman in Tel Aviv: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nick-blackman-derby-county-contract-909308     Six goals so far including last week's winner against Villareal in the Europa League, but he's not talking contracts.

Can't be true, the bloke can't hit a barn door according to some!

19 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Can't be true, the bloke can't hit a barn door according to some!

Some players just don't work out at some clubs. The signing of Blackman was poor given his past record, but I think Mel was hoping he'd be the missing piece in Clement's jigsaw to give us some verve. But like Derek Hales or Nick Pickering, Blackman never seemed to click at Derby.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Some players just don't work out at some clubs. The signing of Blackman was poor given his past record, but I think Mel was hoping he'd be the missing piece in Clement's jigsaw to give us some verve. But like Derek Hales or Nick Pickering, Blackman never seemed to click at Derby.

Probably doesn’t help that he was banging them in when given a free role and the right and was then asked the play as a left-winger... so much money up the wall.

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I was there at old Trafford when Nick Pickering scored the winner in another glorious rams victory 2-1 

On 12/7/2017 at 16:00, PodgeyRam said:

Seems Sheffield Wednesday fans are torn between thinking Butterfield is negative, Carvahal's tactics make him look that way or if he's just rubbish. Don't think we'll be getting a permanent deal for him.

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/263476-butterfield/

I am enjoying the football at the moment ,did you have to remind me of that .

I’m just pleased we don’t have to sit here and argue viciously about Butterfield. Many of us were chastised over and over for saying he offered nothing and went backwards and sideways and didn’t get open beat people or ever tackle. Now it’s Wednesday fans that are killing each other over Butterfields contributions while we bask in a Vydra sun. Hahaha!

• 2 weeks later...

Kelle Roos's time at Plymouth is over, hellping them secure 10 points from 4 games in an amazing run of form to climb out of the League One relegation zone. Their fans absolutely loved him:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/green-army-thank-derby-countys-984345

I really don't understand why he isn't the Carson backup at Derby, but that's clearly the call that's been made. I would always take him over Mitchell. Hope this helps us get a fee for him as he moves on (surely) in January, as there's no point him staying with us at this stage in his career.

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Kelle Roos's time at Plymouth is over, hellping them secure 10 points from 4 games in an amazing run of form to climb out of the League One relegation zone. Their fans absolutely loved him:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/green-army-thank-derby-countys-984345

I really don't understand why he isn't the Carson backup at Derby, but that's clearly the call that's been made. I would always take him over Mitchell. Hope this helps us get a fee for him as he moves on (surely) in January, as there's no point him staying with us at this stage in his career.

Great to hear he was so appreciated by the fans. 

Got a lot of respect for Plymouth fans - some of the best there are - always put in a great showing at Derby despite the huge journey.

2 hours ago, Bessie1 said:

Got a lot of respect for Plymouth fans - some of the best there are - always put in a great showing at Derby despite the huge journey.

Away to Derby would probably be one of their shorter trips. Imagine having to go to Carlisle

52 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Away to Derby would probably be one of their shorter trips. Imagine having to go to Carlisle

A few years ago they had a mid-week game at Sunderland - 400 miles each way - and they took 750 fans!!  Pretty sure they lost 5:1.  The Sunderland fans gave them a standing ovation.  Would love to see them back in the Championship one day.  And Pompey.  Anyway I'm waffling now - but I'm ready when somebody starts a "who would you like to see back in the Championship" thread.

On 29/12/2017 at 00:47, Carl Sagan said:

Carl have to agree always think he's had a raw deal at the club If anything happened to Carson I would be confident in Roos but I have doubts about Mitchell  As an avid supporter of the Under 23s I think Barnes is going to better than either of them  

On 29/12/2017 at 11:33, Bessie1 said:

Agreed. Always one of clubs I look out for since they wanted to stay for our promotion celebrations when we won 4-2 at BBG. ‘Let em stay’ we chanted :) 

Archived