Rank these Keepers

Dethorn

I think we at Derby have been quite blessed with Goalkeepers since the mid 90's so I thought I would like to gauge what everyone else thinks. I will collate the results to the best of my ability at the end. But could you rate all of these goalkeepers out of 5. I would prefer an N/A if you cannot remember them or did not see them.

Mart Poom

Stephen Bywater

Lee Grant

Lee Camp

Frank Fielding

Scott Carson

Many Thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dethorn said:

I think we at Derby have been quite blessed with Goalkeepers since the mid 90's so I thought I would like to gauge what everyone else thinks. I will collate the results to the best of my ability at the end. But could you rate all of these goalkeepers out of 5. I would prefer an N/A if you cannot remember them or did not see them.

Poom (5)

Grant/Carson (4)

Bywater/Fielding (3)

Chris Weale

Camp (-17)

1. Poom - childhood fav 5/5

2. Carson - best keeper of modern era, odd howler. 4/5

3. Grant - much better second time around, injury in 2015 was a shame and doing a decent job as Stoke #2 4/5

4. Camp - was better than people thought, a few things soured peoples prespective 3/5

5. Bywater - great in 06/07, but regressed afterwards and will never get over faking injury v Hull 2/5

6. Fielding - decent loan spell in 2011, but hands became flappy espically during 12/13 when he lost his place to Adam Legzdins - says it all. 1.5/5

Mart Poom - awesome and immense, but blessed with a very talented back 4

Scott Carson - I was apprehensive when he came, but thoroughly deserved his POTY - absolute stand out player

Lee Grant - nip and tuck with Campy during their time together here, both good shot stoppers. Much better second time around

Lee Camp - a good keeper although many memories soured by the manner of his departure

Frank Fielding - ok on loan, didn't seem to replicate his loan form

Stephen Bywater - mad as a box of frogs...'get yer rat out' comment after Wembley final - legendary

Many Thanks - Never saw him

We had Peter Shilton who holds the record for playing for England with a 120 something caps and should have been nearer 200 but for some reason had to alternate games between him and Ray Clemence. In the qualifiers for the 1990 world cup it was Shilton that almost single handed got England to the world cup, watch the games if you can to see what i mean and then was the best keeper in those finals.

Having said all that i think Mart Poom was a better keeper, very dominant coming  out to catch balls. Dont know how many games he played for Estonia.

The rest on the list are a much of a muchness, ok but on the the same level as Shilton and Poom.

Archived