Early days...

Carnero

First international break and it's obviously been an average (not disastrous, average) start for us.

But let's at least have a bit of perspective...

We're level with Boro, Hull & Reading.

We're above Fulham, Sheff Wed, Villa, Sunderland, Birmingham & Norwich.

These teams were all tipped by many to be promotion contenders this season and most of them still are.

There's a long, long way to go, so whilst I'm sure some of you will enjoy your evening of whining and complaining, the rest of us will just view things with a level head and a bit of perspective ;)

Toodles.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't about this player & that player being good enough its about the team cheating the fans..................It's about a team that deep down think they are better than all in the division (how may players have you heard say words to the effect of "hopefully our quality will shine through & win it for us"). Until they realise that they have to work harder than the other team they are going nowhere. The strange thing is they ARE a very talented bunch, just a shame they have a collective infectious laziness about them.

WE need time. Ship a few more out and bring quality in. This takes time. Hopefully if we thin the swuad down we can give Lowe, zanzala, guy and vernam(when fit) chances to show what they can do. I don't expect us to be in the top six come the end of the season. But by the start of the next hopefully we will have a smaller squad with more quality. Also the youth on the bench or verge of the squad and at least one of them becoming the next Hendricks or hughes. We still haven't got the balance in the squad we need but it takes time. We all want to win things asap but if we went up with this team I'm sure we would get less than 11 points. Give rowett time. 

2 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

First international break and it's obviously been an average (not disastrous, average) start for us.

These teams were all tipped by many to be promotion contenders this season and most of them still are.

There's a long, long way to go, so whilst I'm sure some of you will enjoy your evening of whining and complaining, the rest of us will just view things with a level head and a bit of perspective ;)

Toodles.

spot on mate

We haven't got time for 'perspective' Pimpson! This is a results business and the results are not being delivered. Lawrence has had absolutely zero impact and my faith in Gary Rowett has gone the same way my tenner on a rams win went - in bet365's back pocket. I realise that doesn't make sense but I'm angry.

7 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

We haven't got time for 'perspective' Pimpson! This is a results business and the results are not being delivered. Lawrence has had absolutely zero impact and my faith in Gary Rowett has gone the same way my tenner on a rams win went - in bet365's back pocket. I realise that doesn't make sense but I'm angry.

Don't be angry, take a breath, have a beer if you like, sleep on it and think how much time Lawrence has had to make an impact. For though he may be fit, he's not match sharp, plus he's trying too hard.

There's obviously a good footballer in him, he just needs more than 2 sub games and an understanding from training with his regular new team mates, which will develop over the next few months the more he trains and more importantly plays, 

3 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Don't be angry, take a breath, have a beer if you like, sleep on it and think how much time Lawrence has had to make an impact. For though he may be fit, he's not match sharp, plus he's trying too hard.

There's obviously a good footballer in him, he just needs more than 2 sub games and an understanding from training with his regular new team mates, which will develop over the next few months the more he trains and more importantly plays, 

Or he needs to drop down a level like Blackman.

I actually thought Lawrence was one of very few positives. Took him 10/15 minutes to get into the game but he looked pretty dangerous, much more direct than the passive Russell/Weimann. Calm on the ball, put in a couple of really good deliveries and the pot shot he had from the left didn't look far off. The biggest positive for me was when he received the ball with his back to goal, all he wanted to do was to turn 180 and face up his man, a winger that potentially wants to go past players and create opportunities... hallelujah. 

Early days indeed though.

2 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Toodles.

What's the first international break got to do with anything

Were below forest , Ipswich and Preston,tipped by many to go down, there's five days to go before we're left with players that have proven over and over again that their not up to the job .Its not a evening of enjoying moaning its stating what your opinion is about your team.     Toodles

3 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

What's the first international break got to do with anything

I think the OP was just using the start of the international break as a marker point of 5 games in. Kind of like 'the end of the start'. It's a good time to reflect over the first 5 games, have a look at where we are and what we need to do.

We all use markers like this in many aspects of our lives and I often find them useful.

Hope that helps with your first question. Ive forgot what the rest of your post was about. Probably moaning about players or summat.

Just now, Parsnip said:

I think the OP was just using the start of the international break as a marker point of 5 games in. Kind of like 'the end of the start'. It's a good time to reflect over the first 5 games, have a look at where we are and what we need to do.

We all use markers like this in many aspects of our lives and I often find them useful.

Hope that helps with your first question. Ive forgot what the rest of your post was about. Probably moaning about players or summat.

No it was saying how great we are why would anyone come on here moaning about our players when their doing us so proud!

22 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

No it was saying how great we are why would anyone come on here moaning about our players when their doing us so proud!

Yes, that's right I clearly said how great we are. My bad. Just ignore @Parsnip, he doesn't seem to know what day it is half the time never mind know when is the right time to have a hissy fit. You go girl.

Archived