Early days...

Carnero

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/08/2017 at 15:16, kingsy1884 said:

Mid table is completely fair position. Aa ever i am looking forward to the next 41 games this season.

You can't always get an instant impact from a team it takes time. 

We are where we are because on present performances that's where we belong.  Don't believe we have played a game that we should have won and didnt , dont believe we lost a game that we didnt deserve to lose. In fact probably lucky to gain all 3 points against Preston considering we only scored by a penalty.

The majority of the team have been together 3 years now and their should be  a fighting team spirit,comradely a togetherness,yet at times we seam disjointed, unorganized  and I'll disciplined, so comment about not getting an instant impact ? 

Forever optimistic for my club ,but I cant see any dramatic changes from previous seasons that will make this one any different to last year or any others 

4 hours ago, ram1964 said:

We are where we are because on present performances that's where we belong.  Don't believe we have played a game that we should have won and didnt , dont believe we lost a game that we didnt deserve to lose. In fact probably lucky to gain all 3 points against Preston considering we only scored by a penalty.

The majority of the team have been together 3 years now and their should be  a fighting team spirit,comradely a togetherness,yet at times we seam disjointed, unorganized  and I'll disciplined, so comment about not getting an instant impact ? 

Forever optimistic for my club ,but I cant see any dramatic changes from previous seasons that will make this one any different to last year or any others 

Not quite correct! Signing dates as follows;

Carson signed July 2015
Wisdom-July 2017  Keogh-July 2012
Davies-July 2017   Olsson-Jan 2016
Huddlestone-July 2017
Johnson-Sept 2015 Butterfield-Sept 2015
Bryson-July 2011.  Russell-July 2013
Vydra-August 2016. Weimann-July 2015
Nugent-Jan 2017   Martin-July 2013
Lawrence-August 2017

7 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Not quite correct! Signing dates as follows;

Carson signed July 2015
Wisdom-July 2017  Keogh-July 2012
Davies-July 2017   Olsson-Jan 2016
Huddlestone-July 2017
Johnson-Sept 2015 Butterfield-Sept 2015
Bryson-July 2011.  Russell-July 2013
Vydra-August 2016. Weimann-July 2015
Nugent-Jan 2017   Martin-July 2013
Lawrence-August 2017

Lawrence just joined hardly played,my point is Vydra, Weinmann,Nugent,Bryson,Russell,Johnson,Russell,Baird,Keogh,Carson have all been here long enough to develop understandings and a unity /cohesion on the pitch.

I don't understand why anyone looks at the table at this point in the season.

You know when you look at those weird "5-game-form" tables later in the season, where it's a table based purely on the past 5 games, and some horrid team that's 17th like Burton is somehow top of the league?

We're 5 games in. The table now is as useful as those bloody form table guides are in February for predicting final finishing position.

24 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I don't understand why anyone looks at the table at this point in the season.

You know when you look at those weird "5-game-form" tables later in the season, where it's a table based purely on the past 5 games, and some horrid team that's 17th like Burton is somehow top of the league?

We're 5 games in. The table now is as useful as those bloody form table guides are in February for predicting final finishing position.

Spot on Duracell. Just responded in 'Positives' thread I always suggest 10 games MINIMUM. 

Sky do some ridiculous 'tables' to fill time. So many are utterly meaningless. A favourite 'stat' they come up with is ' Utd haven't beaten City in 80 yrs' when they've only played each other three times in that period. 

Just to point out that I agree with you @Duracell - I hope you weren't implying that I was focusing on the league table after 5 games!!

I was merely pointing out that Boro, Hull, Reading, Fulham, Sheff Wed, Villa, Sunderland, Birmingham & Norwich all have equivalent or lower points from their own 5 games. The meltdown from some of our "supporters" in far too early and completely over the top.

We've started the season averagely (not poorly), just like nearly every club in the division bar Cardiff, Leeds & Wolves. No big deal.

18 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Just to point out that I agree with you @Duracell - I hope you weren't implying that I was focusing on the league table after 5 games!!

I was merely pointing out that Boro, Hull, Reading, Fulham, Sheff Wed, Villa, Sunderland, Birmingham & Norwich all have equivalent or lower points from their own 5 games. The meltdown from some of our "supporters" in far too early and completely over the top.

We've started the season averagely (not poorly), just like nearly every club in the division bar Cardiff, Leeds & Wolves. No big deal.

I know you weren't, but there are a few on here who refer to our league position like it's a decent measure of our performance so far.

3 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Lawrence just joined hardly played,my point is Vydra, Weinmann,Nugent,Bryson,Russell,Johnson,Russell,Baird,Keogh,Carson have all been here long enough to develop understandings and a unity /cohesion on the pitch.

Weimann been out on loan half of last season.Bryson come back from a series of minor injuries.Baird isn't a regular and Russell is well past his sell by date! I will be very surprised if more than than 5 of these players are still here next season.Contracts for Baird,Bent,Pearce,Shackell,Thorne,Roos and Russell expire next June and that's when I expect major surgery to take place with this underperforming squad.We've seen 5 go so far in this window but,as we all know and hope,there's still plenty of work ahead for Gary.Work in progress!!

Archived