One win from Wembley ?

Doodle

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Baseball Ground Lad said:

Yeah mate cause sky got their cameras ready to be trained on you on the offf chance you phoned in sick.

Well you never know. If you throw a Sicky you do deserve to get caught.

15 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Quite,has b4 never seen Ferris buellers day off?

Perhaps not the best example tho as Ferris continually got away with it.

Hero

Great film. Not sure his mate got away with it mind with his dads wrecked car.

To be fair if I had a gf who looked like his I'd constantly have thrown sickies.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

28 thousand there last night. Glad DCFC were not part of the latest episode in the degradation of the national stadium.

I'm sure the BBC said it was 23 something? I text my dad saying I'm glad we didn't get there as it was under 24000 and we would have gone, would hate to see Wembley like that.

10 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Was actually 23,926 with just under 3,500 Barnsley fans. Can't say I blame the Spurs fans, Wembley's a nightmare to get away from.

And I bet 3,500 Barnsley fans had a great day out. This cup is all about the away day.

Most grounds are a nightmare to get away from. If you drive to Wembley, yes unless you know what you are doing it is a mare. PP aint so good either if you park in a bad place. Wembley is no different, getting to the train is not too bad and just a few stops and boom you are out towards the M25.

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

And I bet 3,500 Barnsley fans had a great day out. This cup is all about the away day.

Most grounds are a nightmare to get away from. If you drive to Wembley, yes unless you know what you are doing it is a mare. PP aint so good either if you park in a bad place. Wembley is no different, getting to the train is not too bad and just a few stops and boom you are out towards the M25.

How do you know? Are you a closet Arsenal fan?

5 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Was referring to the queues at the tube station that I imagine most Tottenham fans use to get there.

12 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Was referring to the queues at the tube station that I imagine most Tottenham fans use to get there.

To be honest, Wembley have that sorted, not too bad at all considering the volumes, if it is a full house.

If you park in a car park at Wembley then you are royally buggered. Park two tube stops away and happy days. There is also a website where local people will allow you to park on their drives (for a small fee). I know plenty who use that and straight out after the game. 

I live fairly near Wembley, I have had more problems getting out of Burnley to be honest. And 2 hours getting out of some crap trading estate at Bristol City was not great either. Poor research on my side.. 

7 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Yep travelling all that way to see a drab 1-0 against Spurs reserves in a 3/4 empty stadium...sounds like the thing dreams are made of!

Archived