One win from Wembley ?

Doodle

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, thederbyram said:

Answering my own question but, "Each club will get 45% of the net gate receipts".

Could be a nice one for Mel!

Net of Wembley fees? Plus of course the Met will want their dibs for kettling us all down Wembley way. 

Mel will most likely be getting a bloomin great bill rather than having a lovely pile of shekels to count :lol:

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Net of Wembley fees? Plus of course the Met will want their dibs for kettling us all down Wembley way. 

Mel will most likely be getting a bloomin great bill rather than having a lovely pile of shekels to count :lol:

Marginal racism post alert....

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

If we beat Barnsley, this game could be huge psychologically for those players who were in that play off final. Win and we exorcise the demons. Lose and it becomes "a thing" for us. 

I do hope you're joking. Losing against Spurs would not make Wembley become a thing.

This is exactly what the league and spurs probably wanted to avoid. There arent enough weekdays free because of the champions league until december (where the QF would be). Wouldn't be surprised if the league suspends a league fixture and asks us to play the game on a Saturday and then rearrange a the league games to a free midweek so we catch up...

4 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

This is exactly what the league and spurs probably wanted to avoid. There arent enough weekdays free because of the champions league until december (where the QF would be). Wouldn't be surprised if the league suspends a league fixture and asks us to play the game on a Saturday and then rearrange a the league games to a free midweek so we catch up...

Makes perfect sense, which means that will not happen.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Right I will be the miserable old git.

If we beat Barnsley and the match is at Wembley I will not be going.

The match, for me, would represent everything that is going wrong with our game.

Wembley should be the pinnacle.

I want to see Derby winning there in a play off/cup final backed by 45000  fans, not 2 reserve teams playing in the 3rd round of a cup  (who's draw was made at 4am in China) in a half empty stadium...all because the FA got the budget for building the stadium wrong by a few hundred million.

I get what you mean, but if you want Wembley to be the pinnacle, then it shouldn't host a match between the teams that finished between 23rd and 26th in the country.

Think this will be an anti climax. No doubt I'll go, but Tuesday night   in London and probably on TV? Can see a lot missing it for the travel cost and time. Would be surprised if we took 1000, which isn't great considering our allocation would be 9000 to 13500.

31 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I get what you mean, but if you want Wembley to be the pinnacle, then it shouldn't host a match between the teams that finished between 23rd and 26th in the country.

I like the play off finals being there because it gives at least 50 teams who have very little other chance of getting there something to aim for. Just my personal opinion. 

Archived