Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man City 83% possession away to Newcastle at HT.

Newcastle have had such little of the ball that when they get it they don't know what to do. Like a rabbit stuck in headlights. I can't believe how negative they are, playing like a League Two side.

I could understand conceding possession if you're going to play quickly on the counter. But Newcastle are lining up with Joselu as their centre-forward and I've seen quicker League Two centre-backs than him.

On 26/12/2017 at 19:55, Wolfie20 said:

Whelan up to his tricks again - gave the ball away just outside his own box and Brentford score ?

Yes think we had a lucky let off with him Apparently wage demands were through the roof so we told his agent to do one ( thank god )

12 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Man City 83% possession away to Newcastle at HT.

Newcastle have had such little of the ball that when they get it they don't know what to do. Like a rabbit stuck in headlights. I can't believe how negative they are, playing like a League Two side.

I could understand conceding possession if you're going to play quickly on the counter. But Newcastle are lining up with Joselu as their centre-forward and I've seen quicker League Two centre-backs than him.

A 1-0 defeat is a better result than 5/6-0, could prove to be valuable come the end of the season if it comes down to GD.

Anti-football, negative, call it what you like but damage limitation will be something Man City will come up against a lot now as clubs battle to survive in the money league.

4 minutes ago, David said:

A 1-0 defeat is a better result than 5/6-0, could prove to be valuable come the end of the season if it comes down to GD.

Anti-football, negative, call it what you like but damage limitation will be something Man City will come up against a lot now as clubs battle to survive in the money league.

They were very lucky to limit it to 0-1 though David, gilt edged chances missed,  it could so easily have been 0-4. Good game to watch tbf.

Just now, froggg said:

They were very lucky to limit it to 0-1 though David, gilt edged chances missed,  it could so easily have been 0-4. Good game to watch tbf.

Lucky or not, the result was still 1-0 which will go on the table. Actually a decent result baring in mind what Man City are capable of doing to you 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Lucky or not, the result was still 1-0 which will go on the table. Actually a decent result baring in mind what Man City are capable of doing to you 

I saw them play at Bournemouth early doors in the season, they were frightening even then.

Archived