Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, sage said:

Push no. Nudge yes. 

If you think that anytime you are touched by a defender you have the right to fall over and get a penalty then I guess we have very different ideas about how football should be played.

He’s been pushed..... I think you’re totally wrong here, will agree to disagree..... no cheating gone off here

Fully deserved win for Manchester City. They had numerous chances to put the game beyond United and they were almost punished at the end had it not been for a great double save from Ederson.

I don't want to claim the title is over but eleven points difference is massive considering City's quality and the fact that their nearest rivals will continue to drop points between now and the end of the season.

No other team will reach 90 points this season, so City probably only need 44 more points from 22 games. Two points per game is top four form only so when you look at it like that they really are in a wonderful position.

43 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Another poor dive by Herrera but where is the consistency? Both Walker and Jesus not booked for diving in the first half. It really is infuriating to see.

Mourinho is convinced that was 100% a penalty.

Looked like a dive for me. Gabriel Jesus also dived, but with three players going for the ball perhaps the referee wasn't sure and didn't want to call it either way.

I thought Walker's was a foul at the time, even if contact was minimal it looked like Matic impeded him. 

"Manchester City are a very good team and they are protected by the luck, and the gods of football are behind them."

"They scored two goals which were quite unbelievable to concede. They scored two goals out of nothing with rebounds....two easy goals. We did good things, we did bad things.

"I think they are a very good team, they are lucky, they have decisions in their favour."

I'm not sure how City are 'lucky'? They've deserved to win all their games this season, whether it's winning 5-0 or scoring in the last minute. 

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mourinho is convinced that was 100% a penalty.

Looked like a dive for me. Gabriel Jesus also dived, but with three players going for the ball perhaps the referee wasn't sure and didn't want to call it either way.

I thought Walker's was a foul at the time, even if contact was minimal it looked like Matic impeded him. 

"Manchester City are a very good team and they are protected by the luck, and the gods of football are behind them."

"They scored two goals which were quite unbelievable to concede. They scored two goals out of nothing with rebounds....two easy goals. We did good things, we did bad things.

"I think they are a very good team, they are lucky, they have decisions in their favour."

I'm not sure how City are 'lucky'? They've deserved to win all their games this season, whether it's winning 5-0 or scoring in the last minute. 

But if the ref has not given a penalty to Jesus and not given a foul on Walker then he must think they are dives? I just don't get the logic.

Mourinho is a dick if he thinks they actually deserved anything based on their performance. Could have nicked a draw with Lukakus chance but it would not have been deserved based on how the game went.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But if the ref has not given a penalty to Jesus and not given a foul on Walker then he must think they are dives? I just don't get the logic.

Mourinho is a dick if he thinks they actually deserved anything based on their performance. Could have nicked a draw with Lukakus chance but it would not have been deserved based on how the game went.

Not everytime a player hits the deck it has to be a foul or a dive. And the referee is unsure, he can't give it either way (assuming the case for Gabriel Jesus because it looked like a penalty until replays showed no contact).

He gave a foul on Walker didn't he? Pretty sure he did.

35 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not everytime a player hits the deck it has to be a foul or a dive. And the referee is unsure, he can't give it either way (assuming the case for Gabriel Jesus because it looked like a penalty until replays showed no contact).

He gave a foul on Walker didn't he? Pretty sure he did.

Yes I know and I'm not the sort of person who wants a free kick for every challenge. 

The Jesus and Herrera incidents were almost identical though. Absolutely no excuse for dinferential outcomes. 

No Walker was not given a free kick as the commentators were saying he risked red if the ref thought it was a dive.

The Silva challenge on Herrera was another challenge that in another match may have been given a red card. I just can't stand the inconsistency and the fact no explanations are ever given.

He wasn’t even pushed. Calvert-Lewin deliberately altered his course and barged into him. Barged into a sprinting athlete and felt a forearm in the small of his back. Who could have possibly seen that coming?

And technically that would make it a free kick to Liverpool if you were that way inclined. You lot who are determined to see football turn into netball can’t even follow your own crap rules.

And what on earth have the weather conditions got to do with anything? “I was going to put a hard tackle in lad, but it’s a bit slippy and I don’t want you falling over so I’ll go easy on you”. Wtf?

Archived